Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20499 Discussions

Audio Driver needed for 845G chipset 82801DB integrated adapter

idata
Employee

I have an old Gateway system running XP PRO with a 1.8gig Celeron processor. Hardeware is fine and the system did what I needed it to do. I had some software problems and had to reinstall XP. I formatted the hard drive and installed XP PRO along with SP 2 and SP 3 and the 82845g graphics driver. I've run Intel's chipset utility and it reports that the chipset is 845G. I then found and installed a driver for the ethernet adapter (see my previous post). Utilities have reported it as a 82856 and as a 82801DB.

82801DB is reported as the Audio adapter but so far I've been unable to locate a driver. The Intel Support Page Audio drivers for Intel Desktop Boards utility does not recognize the adapter and thus does not make any recommendations.

Can anyone help with locating the audio driver?

Thank you

2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi there,

Assuming that the motherboard has the 845G Chipset, then you will have the AC '97 2.3 supported for audio and telephony codecs; up to 6 channels on board audio.

If you are using Windows XP Pro 32Bit, you may try this one: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/license_agr.aspx?url=/12170/eng/wdm3516b_Cadenza.exe&ProductID=825&agr=Y&sType=&PrdMap=&DwnldId=12170&strOSs=All&OSFullName=All+Operating+Systems&lang=eng

The above link is from the audio driver for the Intel D845GBV motherboard which has the same chipset.

If this does not work then you may try with the audio drivers for the other Intel D845G motherboards and see which one works fine. Link: http://support.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/archive.htm

( Expand the Intel 845 Chipset Based link and you will find the other 845G intel boards)

Also make sure that you have onboard audio on the board and you are not using anu other pci audio card.

Hope this will be helpful.

Cheers.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

unplugged_24

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, still no sound. I've tried all of the fixes including a cold install of XP applying SP2 and KB888111. None of the Intel drivers will install. I think its just time to find an inexpensive but new sound card and go from there.

Again, thank you for your time.

Rod

0 Kudos