Some more details:
* I am using 3 Samsung 840 250GB SSD drives in a RAID 0 configuration, connected via SATA3 to the MB.
* The motherboard is an ASRock Z87 Extreme6.
* It boots to the Windows 7 logo where the windows swirl around and then form the colored windowpane logo, and then just sits there.
* Just to be clear - it will boot fine using the Matrix storage controller driver, but hangs as I'm describing when I install the RST driver, after rebooting.
* I'm using the latest RST driver - 220.127.116.111.
I am sorry to hear that you have had issues with rapid storage software.
It appears to be a problem with your Windows registry as I have just installed the latest version 12.9 on same chipset model and it has worked properly.
Since you have a RAID 0 configuration, you may need to recreate this configuration and making sure you load latest version 12.9 when you finish the installation of the operating system.
Here is the link for Intel® Rapid Storage:
File name: SetupRST.exe
Yes, that is what I am doing. I recover Windows 7 from a backup image from my old MB and drives, and it boots fine. I then update the drivers for this MB's chipset, install the 12.9 RST drivers, and it hangs at boot. It doesn't hang until I update the RST drivers - if I update everything but that, it boots up fine.