2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 10, 2014 10:07 AM by Clayton Hofrock

How to install Python module?

James.Giller

Hi,

I want to install pybluez (link below) onto the Galileo.

I saved the current release tarball onto the SD card that I boot the Galileo off and unpacked it into a /home directory.

When I attempted to run 'python2.7 setup.py install', the installation failed at the following:

i586-poky-linux-uclibc-gcc -m32 -march=i586 -fno-strict-aliasing -O2 -pipe -g -f eliminate-unused-debug-types -DNDEBUG -g -O3 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -fPIC -I/usr/include/python2.7 -c bluez/btmodule.c -o build/temp.linux-i586-2.7/bluez/btmodule.o

unable to execute i586-poky-linux-uclibc-gcc: No such file or directory

error: command 'i586-poky-linux-uclibc-gcc' failed with exit status 1

Is there anything I can do to successfully install this module?

Thanks,

James.

PyBlueZ: https://code.google.com/p/pybluez/wiki/Documentation

• 1. Re: How to install Python module?
          Clayton Hofrock

It looks like the install is trying to compile the source? According to this post, compiling on Galileo is not a good idea.

https://communities.intel.com/message/218280

I would try to just install it using the command:

sudo apt-get install python-bluetooth

You will need a connection to the internet for that to work. I cannot test it right now, but if I remember, I will test this later. I have been interested in getting my bluetooth to work on the Galileo board. 

• 2. Re: How to install Python module?
            Clayton Hofrock

Wow, I was completely wrong. The sudo command is not supported nor is the apt-get.

I have installed python libraries on the Galileo but it was the pyserial library, and it was precompiled, all I had to do was unzip it into the python directory.

Possible solutions to this problem:

• Build a full blown Linux image that is compatible with Galileo and use that.
              • I know some people have gotten some standard installs to work on the Galileo board.
            • Rebuild the Yocto Galileo image with more support for compiling code.
              • I don't know how to do this, but I have heard that the Yocto image can be customized.
            • Compile the PyBluez on another system and transfer it to the Galileo board as just a zip.
              • I don't know if that will work, but it seems like something to try.