Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20499 Discussions

xbmc playback switches off avr and then restarts, but it drops hd audio

APETT4
Beginner

While playing back via xbmc, using intel's latest drivers version 3379 on a Windows 8.1 64-bit, Intel hd 4600, setup Asus Z87-PRO V, Intel i7 4771, 16gb Ram, conncted through hdmi to an avr (Pionner Vsx-2020), suddenly the receiver switches off and then restarts, but after that I lose Dts-hd audio, and I have to restart playback most of the times. Some other times I have to reboot to solve this issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
APETT4
Beginner

I actually did replace the drivers with the 3345. but the problem persists. In control panel the Intel display Audio drivers are version 3129, which is Ok. When I play a movie, it suddenly switches off the amplifier, it restarts, but then the playback becomes choppy.

I stop playback, reinitiate it, and then everything looks good.

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Thank you for the information, I have moved this ticket to the engineering department, they are currently working to get this issue resolved. I still do not have an estimate time of resolution but you can keep checking this post for updates.

Allan.

0 Kudos