1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 6, 2014 9:24 AM by allan_intel

Intel Mgmt Engine Interface driver fails to load

OldRanger

Samsung laptop NP550P7C running Windows 8.1 - 64bit.
      More details in attached file.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've had the above laptop for a few weeks. From day one of use, at every boot Event Viewer has reported: *error MEIx64 : Intel(R)

Management Engine Interface driver has failed to perform handshake with the Firmware*.

In Device Manager, Intel Mgmt Engine Interface has an exclamation mark and reports: 
      *This device cannot start. Code 10.  STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE* .

Samsung update utility has offered an update for Intel ME Interface Driver which I've duly applied. I've also updated the BIOS. But the same error has kept appearing in Event Viewer.

This is the description Samsung update utility gives for this driver:  *This is a program that drives the heat management engine for the systems motherboard. Installation is recommended to ensure stability and improved performance of system.*

It does sounds like an important driver.  I so wish someone would kindly confirm what it exactly does. The laptop seems to be working ok, but I haven't used it much since purchase and there might be functions it can't perform that I haven't yet discovered.

Would someone give me a clue... ple...eeease??