Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20628 Discussions

Screen Tearing with Windows 8.1 Driver for HD4000 graphics

WFlat
Beginner

Hi,

I have a Windows 8.1 PC hooked up to a TV. I have the latest Intel graphics driver & chipset. I have applied all windows updates. I have the latest BIOS. I have enable V-Sync and disabled V-Sync... however nothing I have tried has resolved a screen tearing issue on my TV when watching full screen video. This hardware was running Windows 8 and the problem did not occur. Has anyone been able to replicated this issue? Please help.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi MSDeveloper,

Can you please post your dxdiag report here? There some more information about the configuration I would like to check.

0 Kudos
WFlat
Beginner

Here is the dxdiag report.

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi MSDeveloper,

Thanks for the information.

Based on all information I have received I recommend you doing the following:

1. Update the bios in your system provided by the computer manufacture.

2. Uninstall the driver and download the latest at the following link:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23405&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%208.1%2C%2064-bit*&DownloadType=Drivers https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23405&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%208.1%2C%2064-bit*&DownloadType=Drivers

3. Test a different HDMI cable and if possible do not use video adapters.

0 Kudos
WFlat
Beginner

1. Done.

2. Done.

3. Done.

The screen tearing is still present.

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

It is important to confirm with the OEM if your computer has any limitation to run Win 8.1. Sometimes manufactures set limitation on their units and this could be one. At this point, since you have done all troubleshooting steps my recommendation is to contact the computer manufacture so they can provide any other step or replace the unit if necessary.

0 Kudos