2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 31, 2013 4:39 PM by BrianProgrammer

Drivers from the 3.5.1 package won't install on Win 8.1

BrianProgrammer

I ran the driver installer, and most of the drivers failed.

Then I went to each driver file, and tried a manual install, and most stated "File does not include digital signature information.".

I switch back to my Mega 2560, and it works and connects (Prior install). I switch to my Galileo and it just doesn't connect.

• 1. Re: Drivers from the 3.5.1 package won't install on Win 8.1
          Intel_Jesus

Hi BrianProgrammer,

Open up Device Manager, plug in the Galileo board(power cable first, then usb to computer).

Does any new hardware apear? it should be in Ports as "Galileo" or it will apear in Other devices as "Gadget Serial 2.4"

What does yours apear as?

Regards,

Intel_JEspinoza

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Drivers from the 3.5.1 package won't install on Win 8.1
            BrianProgrammer

I found the real problem, and I got it installed and running. However, it seems that its drivers cannot coexist with the Mega board drivers. Since Mega is more important to me, I'll probably uninstall the Galileo board and shelve it.

After I did the uninstall this last time, I manually cleared out the Arduino board drivers. Once completed, I was able to install the Galileo board.

Then I tried to reconnect the Mega board, the driver wouldn't install, citing a conflict. (No details... thx ms)

I'll see if there is a newer driver in the Arduino site before throwing in the towel.