Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel Centrino 6235 terrible performance issues

RCook3
Beginner

Hi,

I removed a centrino N-1000 card and replaced it with the Centrino Advanced-N 6235. Connected to the router (d-link 825, fw 2.09) on the 5Ghz SSID. Ping time to the router jumps from 1ms to several hundred, download speed on 5Ghz is at 2-3MB/sec, 2.4 drops to 700KB from 3MB/sec.

Testing order in this case was 5Ghz and then 2.4.

Rebooted laptop, connected to 2.4 SSID, transfer speeds at 10MB/sec with ping at 1ms. Thinking the reboot fixed this, moved

over to the 5Ghz SSID. Back to a 2MB/sec download, flipped over to 2.4 (no reboot) and I'm back to high ping times and very slow speeds.

Reboot, stick to 2.4 and I've got 1ms and 10MB speeds again.

I'm running the current Intel drivers, Wireless_16.7.0_Ds64.exe, drivers is showing as 15.9.2.1 in Device Manager

I've got -47dB on 2.4Ghz and -67 on 5.0Ghz and inSSIDer is giving both of them a Link score of 100

Anyone seen this sort of behavior before and what I can do it fix it?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
tvete
Valued Contributor II

Intel hasn't ironed out their driver issues since the release of Intel 2230, 6235 and 7260. If you're looking for a 5 GHz upgrade, I suggest the Broadcom BCM943228HMB in the mean time until Intel has made some stable drivers.

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

We are working to solve similar issues related to this wireless adapter. However, you may want to follow up with the system manufacturer since the replacement of wireless adapters is subject to compatibility and wireless regulatory approvals.

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/CS-011644.htm Intel� Wi-Fi Products; Regulatory information regarding hardware installation or upgrade

0 Kudos