Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20494 Discussions

BSOD after a new motherboard and Intel 4440 processor was installed.

BFiel1
Beginner

Hi

I am hoping for some advice as to a way forward.

I have recently intalled a Gigabyte B85M-D3H motherboard with the intel i5 4440 processor. (both compatable) I have clean installed Windows 7 Home and the gigabyte drivers.

In device manager I can see the processor drivers.

I cant update Windows 7 because I cant get on the internet.

This is a description of my problem. I can get windows to load but as soon as I try to connect to the internet my VGA screen crashes and I get the blue screen of death. I am thinking this is a graphic issue as before it crashes the screen flickers and changes colours. I am using the integrated graphics. I do have a radeon card I could put in but I really would like the accelated graphics to work

I have tested my 8gb DDR memory and it reports no issues.

I would be very grateful as to any advice or steps to help me move forward. I am not a computer whizz but niether am I computer illiterate, so any advice in basic steps would be much appricated

Thank you in advice

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi beachlover.iow,

Have you tried updating the graphics driver to the latest? If not, here is the download link:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23405&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%207%20(64-bit)*&DownloadType=%0A%09%09%09%09%09%09%09Drivers%0A%09%09%09%09%09%09

Besides the above, have you tried disconnecting the Radeon video card completely from your system?

0 Kudos