1 2 3 Previous Next 170 Replies Latest reply on Feb 20, 2016 12:36 PM by aldou Branched to a new discussion.

Intel Wireless AC 7260 Bluetooth stops working

Maibad31

I just bought an Intel NUC and had it running and working for a couple of days. Yesterday, I was streaming music to my bluetooth speakers and then it stopped. I checked device manager and bluetooth is not showing error code 43. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers from the intel website but the issue remains. I am currently running windows 8.1 Pro 64bit. attached is the DXDIAG

• 1. Re: Intel Wireless AC 7260 Bluetooth stops working
          OmerBonfil

Having Same issue on my D54250WYK NUC, got the 7260HMW today, the Wireless is working but the Bluetooth Keeps showing error Code 43 with driver version 3.1.1309 or Security descriptor error with driver version 3.1.1311. with Windows 8.1 Pro x64 as well.

@Maibad31 can you remember what driver were you using when it did work. what did you when you installed it that it worked. Have you installed something lately maybe this is what is causing the card to not work on my NUC as well.

Thanks

• 2. Re: Intel Wireless AC 7260 Bluetooth stops working
            Maibad31

OmerBonfil, It worked straight out the box. I then decided to update all the drivers because some USB and other devices showed error. I had all the drivers up to date and it was still working. I don't remember what driver I had installed for Bluetooth but it was working fine and then stopped. I don't think I was updating anything when it stopped working. It was sort of a fluke. I'm not sure but I am running the same thing you are.

• 3. Re: Intel Wireless AC 7260 Bluetooth stops working
              joe_intel

Did you try uninstalling the Bluetooth* drivers from device manager and restart?

• 4. Re: Intel Wireless AC 7260 Bluetooth stops working
                Maibad31

Joe,

I did try that and it did not fix the issue. However, I was trying to fix another issue with my NUC bootable drive by opening the unit and removing the ssd and putting it back in to see if it would help with that issue (it does not). It did however give me back bluetooth. The drivers on there are different somehow. 2 new devices showed up under bluetooth. I have attached an image. So far it is working but I don't know why the SSD would impact bluetooth.

Bluetooth.PNG

• 5. Re: Intel Wireless AC 7260 Bluetooth stops working
                  Maibad31

Bluetooth also showed up under network adapters

Bluetooth2.PNG

• 6. Re: Intel Wireless AC 7260 Bluetooth stops working
                    OmerBonfil

Hey Joe, I tried to uninstall the drivers several times with installing 1309 and 1311 interchangeably  to see if one of them would do the trick.

I have tried to re-fit the SSD as Maibad31 suggested helped him as well as trying to re-fit the Wireless AC 7260, but it does not fix my issue. I have also tried connecting only the main antenna which of course had no effect on the BT.

Bluetooth still show code 43 with the 1309 driver or Unknown device descriptor with the 1311 driver.

Can you please advise on this issue.

Omer

• 7. Re: Intel Wireless AC 7260 Bluetooth stops working
                      joe_intel

Folks, kindly provide two pictures of the Intel® NUC board, one with the wireless adapter and one without it; both without the SSD. Please make sure the whole installation area is visible.

• 8. Re: Intel Wireless AC 7260 Bluetooth stops working
                        Maibad31

Here you go. Like I said, it is working now, I just don't understand how reinserting the SSD made it work again but there might be an issue for Omer since that did not help him fix it.

2013-12-27 15.42.07.jpg2013-12-27 15.40.47.jpg

• 9. Re: Intel Wireless AC 7260 Bluetooth stops working
                          OmerBonfil

WP_20131228_13_27_34_Raw.jpg

WP_20131228_13_28_29_Raw.jpg

Hey Joe,

Sorry for the delay, I was not home to reply. please see attached  two images of the board, Hope this helps in understanding what is going on.

Thanks again

Omer

• 10. Re: Intel Wireless AC 7260 Bluetooth stops working
                            Apprendi

The same thing happens to me: Bluetooth stopped working on my new nuc D54250WYK NUC and Intel network 7260AC. Driver installed is 1311_e64. Tried almost Everything but the problem consisth.

I get the message:

(Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

and in event log:

(Driver Management has concluded the process to add Service BTHUSB for Device Instance ID USB\VID_8087&PID_07DC\6&5B88C03&0&4 with the following status: 0.)

Log Name:      System

Source:        Microsoft-Windows-UserPnp

Date:          2013-12-29 16:57:16

Event ID:      20001

Task Category: (7005)

Level:         Information

Keywords:     

User:          SYSTEM

Computer:      Köket

Description:

Driver Management concluded the process to install driver ibtfltcoexhs_wp8_rk.inf_amd64_aea5601be10c71ca\ibtfltcoexhs_wp8_rk.inf for Device Instance ID USB\VID_8087&PID_07DC\6&5B88C03&0&4 with the following status: 0x0.

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-UserPnp" Guid="{96F4A050-7E31-453C-88BE-9634F4E02139}" />

<EventID>20001</EventID>

<Version>0</Version>

<Level>4</Level>

<Task>7005</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x8000000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-12-29T15:57:16.741813800Z" />

<EventRecordID>6516</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="568" ThreadID="5272" />

<Channel>System</Channel>

<Computer>Köket</Computer>

<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />

</System>

<UserData>

<InstallDeviceID xmlns="http://manifests.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/windows/userpnp">

<DriverName>ibtfltcoexhs_wp8_rk.inf_amd64_aea5601be10c71ca\ibtfltcoexhs_wp8_rk.inf</DriverName>

<DriverVersion>3.1.1311.400</DriverVersion>

<DriverProvider>Intel Corporation</DriverProvider>

<DeviceInstanceID>USB\VID_8087&amp;PID_07DC\6&amp;5B88C03&amp;0&amp;4</DeviceInstanceID>

<SetupClass>{E0CBF06C-CD8B-4647-BB8A-263B43F0F974}</SetupClass>

<RebootOption>false</RebootOption>

<UpgradeDevice>false</UpgradeDevice>

<IsDriverOEM>true</IsDriverOEM>

<InstallStatus>0x0</InstallStatus>

<DriverDescription>Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R) 4.0 + HS Adapter</DriverDescription>

</InstallDeviceID>

</UserData>

</Event>

How to resolve this problem?

• 11. Re: Intel Wireless AC 7260 Bluetooth stops working
                              OmerBonfil

Hey Joe, any news about this issue? still haven't resolved it.

• 12. Re: Intel Wireless AC 7260 Bluetooth stops working
                                Advis

I get similar problems on a Sony Vaio Pro 13 with an Intel N-7260 adapter running Windows 8.1 Pro x64. I have used a number of drivers Sony have provided and all exhibit the issue. The latest of which is 3.1.1311.400. I have also tried another version 3.1.1311.402 and the same problem persists,

If my understanding is correct and we are having the same problem the supposed workaround is to disable power management of the device by opening the Bluetooth adapter entry in device manager > power management tab > uncheck "Allow the computer to turn off the device to save power".

The following is a list of observations I sent to Sony when I had the problem:

1. Resumed Laptop from lid closed and not connected to AC.
                                2. Shortly afterwards I find that the mouse is not working. Switching the mouse off and on does not get the device working again.
                                3. When I check device manager. A Yellow bang is displayed for Bluetooth Adapter. In the device status code 43 is displayed. When I look in event viewer it shows 2 x EventID 3 - (A command sent to the adapter has timed out. The adapter did not respond.) and then 1 Event ID 17 (The local Bluetooth adapter has failed in an undetermined manner and will not be used. The driver has been unloaded.).
                                4. Switched Bluetooth off and back on. Device disappears from device manager.
                                5. Restart laptop. Device manager shows no bluetooth adapter but "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) with status of "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43). A request for the USB device descriptor failed."

Although no expert it looks like it's an OS issue with the device coming from low power mode perhaps? The OS thinks that the adapter has failed for whatever reason then unloads the driver.

I hope this information is helpful and if there's anything more I can do to provide information to any party to resolve this problem please let me know.

• 13. Re: Intel Wireless AC 7260 Bluetooth stops working
                                  joe_intel

I believe we have different scenarios here that are producing same Code 43 issue. Therefore, I will try to address them separately for each one of you.

Maibad31, please try updating your BIOS and make sure the wireless adapter is fitting properly into the slot.

OmerBonfil, I have sent you a private message.

Apprendi, also try updating your BIOS and make sure the wireless adapter is fitting properly into the slot. If the issue persists please provide similar pictures to the ones posted above.

Advis, this thread is mainly dealing with Intel® NUCs, but for now let me ask you: Was this wireless adapter preinstalled by the system manufacturer or was it a personal upgrade over a previous existing one?

• 14. Re: Intel Wireless AC 7260 Bluetooth stops working
                                    Advis

Thanks for your reply Joe. I am using an adapter pre-installed by Sony. I appreciate it's not a NUC but the problem sounds similar so I wondered if there were some common factors.

1 2 3 Previous Next