1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 23, 2013 7:05 AM by Wolfi

DC32171YE problem no connector for internal power

droidmaker

Hi

I bought one of these and it is intended for my robot project.  I finally got around to doing some work on the computer side (NUC) and am frustrated to see that my mainboard shows only two holes where, according to all the documentation, a 2-pin jack/connector should be.  Until now I relied on the documentation that showed it was there (and still shows it, I downloaded the technical documentation to make sure I had it right)

Why does my Intel NUC not have that connector?

nuc.JPG

It looks like the pins are blocked from the back.  I thought I would post here before attempting to remove the motherboard from the case

Paul

Paul's R2-D2 | Facebook

• 1. Re: DC32171YE problem no connector for internal power
          Wolfi

Hi Paul,

it looks like the place where the internal power connector should normally be isn't populated. During the manufacturing process those "holes / pins" in the PCB usually get soldered shut when there's no component there - that's why those "holes / pins" look blocked

As you bought a NUC kit with a case it could be possible that those are intentionally left unpopulated.

What kind of powersupply do you want to use for your robot project? Maybe you could get a cheap 3rd-party powersupply and salvage the plug&cord of that to connect to the external power jack of your NUC.