Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20620 Discussions

"No signal" after Win8 Logo with HD4000

FArno1
Beginner

I had this problem the first time after installing the new system.. than (I'm not sure why) it's working for half a year... and yesterday I had the same problem again without changing something in the system.

After the Win8 logo, DVI connection seems to be lost "no signal" on the monitor. I can restart like hell, roll-back to a earlier system... shutdown the computer... same effect.

I disconnected DVI and power cable... reconnect.... reboot... works

For me it looks a bit like a problem with the power supply... But after reading some comments with this "black screen" and similar stuff I'm not sure anymore. And so my question: is there a chance that this has something todo with the power supply or is this a known but rarely problem with the HD4000 drivers?

I have no problem to buy a extra GPU or a new power supply but I will not buy some not needed stuff if it's only a driver problem.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Based on the problem description, it seems to be an issue with drivers.

You may try to download the latest video drivers for your graphics controller here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Graphics&ProductLine=Laptop+graphics+drivers&ProductProduct=3rd+Generation+Intel%C2%AE+Core%E2%84%A2+Processors+with+Intel%C2%AE+HD+Graphics+4000&ProdId=3712&LineId=1101&FamilyId=39 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Graphics&ProductLine=Laptop+graphics+drivers&ProductProduct=3rd+Generation+Intel%C2%AE+Core%E2%84%A2+Processors+with+Intel%C2%AE+HD+Graphics+4000&ProdId=3712&LineId=1101&FamilyId=39

Select the operating system version and try to install that driver when it finishes downloading, to verify that your system will accept it.

Make sure you test DVI cables or replace them.

Allan.

0 Kudos
LRupi
Beginner

I have enjoyed my HDPC for about a year. I was trying to adjust a 3rd party player application as for the first time as the aspect ration of a movie was off. Sundenly, I lost video to my flat screen. I have not been able to restore video to the flat screen from the PC (cable works fine). Re-booting results in win 8.1 logo, then screen blanks, and it appears the keyboard disconnects. I can remote into the PC and everything reports fine. I have uninstalled and deleted the intel graphics driver, downloaded and installed the most current software but the issue remains.

I use a USB from the PC to a seperate audio system and that works fine. Since everything I have looked at on the PC reports fine, it appears the signle completly drops as soon as windows starts graphics. I am using an HDMI cable for this, and since I do see the win logo, assume it is not the cable.

Any idea how to fix this? Appreciate help.

Regards,

LarryRup

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

If the computer has worked for about a year, this could be a problem with HDMI port on the computer. You could try to update BIOS on the computer, this will interact with the graphics video BIOS.

Also, make sure to remove any Intel Graphics Driver from control panel and re install it: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProdId=3712 Intel® Download Center

Allan.

0 Kudos