6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 14, 2010 12:28 PM by Frederick1337

Can I play GTA 4 on an intel driver!!

hypeit

Can I play GTA 4 on an intel driver!! cuz it seems like u cnt

• 1. Re: Can I play GTA 4 on an intel driver!!
          Cpt.Dogfruit

Hi,

When you say an "intel driver" do you mean an intel intergrated graphics?If taht is what you mean, I would think you would struggle to even on the lowest graphics settings, it is one of if not the most demanding game out there at the moment on graphics memory.

• 2. Re: Can I play GTA 4 on an intel driver!!
            hypeit
            Cpt.Dogfruit Cpt.Dogfruit 45 posts since
            Jun 26, 2009
            Jul 3, 2009
            Re: Can I play GTA 4 on an intel driver!!

Hi,

When you say an "intel driver" do you mean an intel intergrated graphics?If taht is what you mean, I would think you would struggle to even on the lowest graphics settings, it is one of if not the most demanding game out there at the moment on graphics memory.

This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational and entertainment purposes only. INTEL MAKES NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS

-Yep is it still possible,like playing gta 4 on an intel chipset (on a laptop)

• 3. Re: Can I play GTA 4 on an intel driver!!
              xanmato

I can play call of duty 4 on low settings so may-be gta 4 too

• 4. Re: Can I play GTA 4 on an intel driver!!
                Cpt.Dogfruit

Hi,

I would think there is probably a small chance, but it would depend on the other components you have, specially the memory, as the intergrated graphics will not have that much memory the game will have to take it from the ram. The game is a killer for graphics memory usage.

• 5. Re: Can I play GTA 4 on an intel driver!!
                  Luke.worden

If you are talking about a graphics card then no you can't. I just spent $50+ on the game only to find out it doesn't work on my laptop. NOT very happy about it I must say. 

• 6. Re: Can I play GTA 4 on an intel driver!!
                    Frederick1337

Actually you can play gta 4 on lowest detail settings on the intel 4500 or also known as 4 series chipsets. Though don't patch the game at all or it breaks and gives you a failed render message. Odd that ati onboard had this same issue on other games and they patched thier driver set to make it work, probably due to the shared memory not being reported correctly to the game. As I  stated though gta4 does run good at low details onn the 4500 but *Warning - do not patch the game at all from the original disc install. * This post is for  the original release of the gta4 game and does not apply to newer releases. The game must be specifically before the first patch of 1.0.1 so version 1.0.0.