1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 24, 2013 12:00 PM by kevin_intel

Intel NUC no boot

pbal

Hello,

My NUC dc3217by is not booting up. BIOS blink code is <short blink> long pause <long blink>short pause <medium blink>short pause <medium blink>. It does not map to any of the listed codes on the intel site.

I have installed a 4 GB memory stick (Kingston KVR1333D3S9) - listed as a tested memory... Tried seating and unseating several times.

60 GB SSD. Initially connected with a logitech wireless keyboard but same pattern ensues with no peripherals (monitor - connected through HDMI direct or keyboard.)

Any pointers?

Thanks

P

<<Update>> Chatted with 'Alberto' w/ Intel Support. Seems DOA .. "replacement of the NUC is needed". Sigh

• 1. Re: Intel NUC no boot
          kevin_intel

Hi pbal,

There are some troubleshooting steps I would like you to try first:

1. Clear the CMOS in the NUC by disconnecting all components from the NUC and disconnecting the power for about 20-30 minutes.
          2. After clearing the cmos, just connect one memory stick in the unit and turn it on.
          3. If issue persists, Try testing a new cable or make sure the cable is not broken.

In the case that you already contacted our technical support I recommend you following the instructions mentioned by previous agent.

1 of 1 people found this helpful