2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 20, 2013 4:11 PM by vjcobra

Intel HD Graphics 3000 (9.17.10.3347) video over-zoomed issue.

vjcobra

I am using ASUS N43SM Notebook, Windows 7 Ultimate x64 RAM 4GB, Intel Core i5-2450M 2.5 GHz, Nvidia GeForce GT630M.

I had recently updated my Intel HD graphics 3000 driver to version (9.17.10.3347), however the video display on WMP 12 appeared over-zoomed, so I first disabled the driver and then uninstalled and deleted it via Device Manager in Safe Mode and then reinstalled back, but did not solve the issue.

I wonder if anyone else are having the same display issue or just me ... Need help and advice.

Regards and thanks.

• 1. Re: Intel HD Graphics 3000 (9.17.10.3347) video over-zoomed issue.
          allan_intel

Hi vjcobra,

I do not see this type if issue reported when using latest video drivers:

http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23376/eng/ReleaseNotes_GFX_3347_32.pdf

Does this issue happen with Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) drivers?

Is it the same when using different operating systems?

Allan.

• 2. Re: Intel HD Graphics 3000 (9.17.10.3347) video over-zoomed issue.
            vjcobra

Hi Allan,sample.jpg

Previous version of HD Graphics 3000 were slightly over-zoomed
            but when I upgraded to version to 9.17.10.3347 it worked like charm, all
            videos properly displayed, but the tray icon sometimes display a blank HD
            Graphics 3000 icon. Also the latest avast! 2014.9.0.2011 blocked RST
            12.8.0.1016 delaylauncher as suspicious item since it has no signature, so
            I reinstalled it but failed with fatal error, reverted back to an earlier
            version 12.5.

To repair the missinbg icon I reinstalled 9.17.10.3347 and this is when I
            noticed the video display got rather over-zoomed again.

Reinstalled Nvidia GeForce GT630M for the benefit of a doubt and no luck.

Clean installed Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1, the HD Graphics 3000 still
            persist with rather over-zoomed video display. Other than that, everything
            worked fine.

By the way, I have never installed OEM driver as I always install drivers
            downloaded from the official Intel Download Center.

PS. Please refer to attached sample video screenshot.

Kind regards and waiting further advice.
            VjCobra.