2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 17, 2013 2:48 PM by spearson

Intel Desktop Board D2700DC and Mini PCI-e Ssd

tiagocoelho2

Hello!
      On this board there is a mini pci-express slot, I wonder if I can install a mini pci-express ssd (32/64Gb)?

Thank you.,

• 1. Re: Intel Desktop Board D2700DC and Mini PCI-e Ssd
          sylvia_intel

Hello Tiagocoelho2, you should be able to install en mini PCI-express SSD on that slot. Just make sure the SSD is a mini PCI-e.

The following link will show you the list of tested devices on this motherboard.

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/d2700dc/sb/CS-032758.htm

• 2. Re: Intel Desktop Board D2700DC and Mini PCI-e Ssd
            spearson

Tiago,

The D2700DC board does not support MSATA drives. In fact, the only NM10 chipset-based Intel(R) Desktop Board that supports MSATA drives is the DN2800MT board.

On NM10-based Intel(R) Desktop Boards other than DN2800MT, the only way to connect a SATA HDD/SSD via the mini PCIe connector is if you purchase a mini PCIe card that provides its own standalone PCIe SATA controller. If you do an internet search using search string "mini PCI express SATA controller", you will see links to a number of sites that have such boards for sale.

If you already have a MSATA card that you would like to use with this board, you can purchase a MSATA to SATA adapter that allows this MSATA card to be connected to one of the SATA ports on the board. I searched with string "mini PCIe SATA" to find some of these...

...Scott