1 of 1 people found this helpful
Federico, even though there are many problems reported when updating the BIOS to version 0100, I think a BIOS updated is necessary in order to find out if this behavior could get fixed.
It is important to tell you that when updating the BIOS to v100, you are also updating the UEFI SATA driver to version 126.96.36.1992
If the issue persisted, please get in touch with our Warranty Department so they can help you to replace the unit: http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/contactsuppo
Many thanks for your prompt and kind answer.
I have updated Bios to v. 0070 and next to v.0083.
(When doing the last update I got a series of 3-3 beeps and a number (32?) appeared on the 2-numbers display, I got nervous but restarted and pushed the Back to Bios button in the back of the board and the beeping dissappear and the system booted up).
The problem still is the same:
- When both SSD drives are attached to the blue connectors (Intel 6GB) if the boot drive is the Samsung Pro I get the Intel SSD too.
- When the boot drive is the Intel SSD 520, the Samsung needs to be initialized and fails. (Displays a capacity in Disk management of 906GB)
- When connected separately to an Intel and a Marvell connectors, both appear in Computer.
But I see now a likely reason or culprit, when both are connected to the blue Sata 6GB connectors:
Also shown in the attached pictures:
- When booting from the Samsung SSD 840Pro, Device Manager>Disk drives, shows an ATA Intel SSDSC2W24 SCSI disk drive AND a Samsung SSD 840 PRO Seri SCSI Disk Device. RIGHT.
- When booting from the Intel SSD 520, Device Manager>Disk drives, shows an ATA Intel SSDSC2W24 SCSI disk drive AND an Intel Raid 0 Volume SCSI Disk Device. Wrong?
Any further help for solving this problem will be gratefully appreciated. Thank you