3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 17, 2013 4:12 AM by Nebta

No Video after BIOS Update on NUC D34010WYK

Nebta

Hello,

I just received my NUC today, after installing Windows i updated my NUC's BIOS to V.22 within Windows 8.1

After the Update Tool displayed the Message that I should reboot to install the Update I did so, since that Reboot the NUC does not display anything.

I can see the Power LED is ON, no HDD LED. I let it sit there for about an Hour or so, then I decided to turn it off.

After reviewing the TechProdSpec03 Document from the Download Site I configured the BIOS Security Jumper Settings to "Configuration Mode", downloaded the .BIO File and placed it on an NTFS USB3 Stick, and powered on the Device again.

All I see is the Power LED, the USB Stick is blinking every now and then, but still no Video.

Anything else I could try?

TIA

• 1. Re: No Video after BIOS Update on NUC D34010WYK
          joe_intel

Hello, you may try to flash or roll back your BIOS with the Recovery method. In this case it is necessary to completely remove the BIOS jumper before you turn the system on.

You may also use the F7 method; just press the F7 key when prompted on screen, BIOS jumper in normal position.

Desktop Boards; BIOS update instructions

If by any chance you have any difficulties try formatting the USB drive as FAT, or use a different drive altogether.

• 2. Re: No Video after BIOS Update on NUC D34010WYK
            Nebta

Hi Joe,

appreciate you taking the Time to answer.

As mentioned in my previous Post, I already tried forcing the Recovery Method by removing the Jumper, but I don't have any visuals other than the LEDs from the NUC and the USB Flash Drive.

Here is what I tried so far:

Copy .BIO File to an NTFS USB Flash Drive, attach it at all 4 USB Connectors, start the NUC and wait for ~1h. ==> No Result other than the Power LED is ON, and the USB Flash Drive keeps blinking every now and then.

Copy .BIO File to an FAT32 USB Flash Drive, attach it at all 4 USB Connectors, start the NUC and wait for ~1h. ==> No Result other than the Power LED is ON, and the USB Flash Drive keeps blinking every now and then.

Tried 3 different USB Flash Drives, and 3 different Screens, 2 Screens with MiniHDMI to HDMI Cable, one with DisplayPort to VGA Cable.

I was thinking of creating an UEFI bootable USB Flash Drive that executes "WYLPT10H.86A.0021.EB.WINPE64.EXE" to flash the NUC, but after running "WYLPT10H.86A.0021.EB.WINPE64.EXE /?" it didn't show any possible switches, it just displayed that the current BIOS is not supported, so I don't know if that would work.

Since I have no Visual Feedback (no Display Output from the NUC), I don't know how long I should wait, or if I had to press any Keys at a certain Point.

Maybe there is a way I can make the WinPE Flash File run automatically with adding command line switches, so if you know any please tell

Thanks.

• 3. Re: No Video after BIOS Update on NUC D34010WYK
              Nebta

Just to close the Loop here: I ended up creating a Support Ticket; I'll bring the NUC back to the Retailer, and get my Money back.

I need to wait till mid January to get a new NUC, hopefully the next one will last longer