Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14615 Discussions

Prime95 and Aida64 crash reboot

FFili3
Beginner

Hello,

I have problems after buying some hardware. Prime95 rebooting without any error messages after 3-5 hours, tested with torturetest with small fft and Aida64 rebooting after 6-8 hours tested with stresstest FPU checked, CPU and Cache tests seems stable. Memory tests on Windows 7 desktop with memtest and Aida64 memory checked rebooting without error messages but memorytest on bios with memtest86+ and windows 7 built in memorytester(advanced options) seems stable. I didnt overclocked and my cpu is also not made for overclocking anyway I didnt change the standard Voltages either. My CPU core voltage shown on Aida64 is 1.056 V but with CPUID HWMonitor I read max 1.121 V. I have searches the net and found out that is may occur due to heat problems or due to lack of Powersupply.

First to heat I read max 76 C with Aida64 and max 81 C with Prime95 and Powersupply is a brand new Powersupply with 600 Watt. The Powersupply should be enough and my processor cooled with standard (came with the cpu) airfan should easily take 90 C.

The Hardware I bought:

CPU i5 3570 standard airfan cooling not overclocked

Motherboard Gigabyte GA B75M-HD3 none of the voltages changed

Ram 2x DIMM1and DIMM2: Kingston HyperX KHX1600C9D3/4GX 4 GB DDR3-1600 DDR3 SDRAM (11-11-11-28 @ 800 MHz) (10-10-10-27 @ 761 MHz) (9-9-9-24 @ 685 MHz) (8-8-8-22 @ 609 MHz) (7-7-7-19 @ 533 MHz) (6-6-6-16 @ 457 MHz)

Powersupply Corsair CX600M 600 Watt.

Im running Windows7

and I have Sapphire HD5770 graphic card.

so what you think is the problem my system not being stable.

thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Visualfx, what is the behavior of the computer when using it as normal?

Is it giving errors or misbehaving?

It is important to know that even though the stress test could be concentrated on the processor and the Memory Controller Hub, there are many components involved and when running a stress test for so long (5 - 8 hours) it could be expected to have problems

Also, Intel doesn't validate 3rd party tools as per diagnosing our products. I invite you running the Intel® Processor Diagnostics Tool to see if it shows up any error http://www.intel.com/support/processors/sb/CS-031726.htm Processors — What is the Intel� Processor Diagnostic Tool?

0 Kudos
FFili3
Beginner

Hello,

first of all thanks for your answer and the computer does not have any problems on normal just on the stress test and playing videogames but i think my graphic card has some issues as also 3dmark tests failed. I run IPDT and it showed no errors but a computer should run the stress test at least for 12 hours or even 24 hours for considering it to be stable. thanks

0 Kudos