0 Replies Latest reply on Dec 10, 2013 11:38 AM by yaazkal

DX58SO accident. Need to recover BIOS and RAID

yaazkal

Hi, I have a pc that works as a server on my office. It has a DX58SO intel board.

Unfortunately it has suffered an accidet. It was an strong storm in the area and the roof has filtered some water drops, and then some of them touched the inside of the pc.

If I remove RAM it beeps and that tells me that at least board is selfchecking. Put RAM again and start the pc. It shows the RAID configuration, says that everything is ok and then shows this message: "The system BIOS has detected unsuccessful POST attempt(s). Possible causes include recent changes to BIOS Performance options or recent hardware changes. Press 'Y' to enter BIOS Setup or press 'N' to cancel and attempt to boot with previous settings."

The bad news is that I can't use the keyboard. I changed it from USB port to USB port and nothing. I know the keyboard is good (i'm writing with it from another pc). If I move the board jumper to maintenance mode keyboard dosen't work either.

The question is if there is a way to recover that board, and how to not lose my RAID configuration and information if I have to change the board?

Thanks for your time.