That message indicates that your computer manufacturer does not allow the installation of generic Intel video drives. You are required to install drivers from your computer manufacturer.
You may try to force the installation of Intel generic drivers by performing manual procedure, see here for instructions:
Select your operating system version and download the zip version of the video driver:
Have exactly the same problem .. posted here: HD 4000 driver installation not working
It´s not because manufacturer does not allow it, since it used to work also when downloaded from intel. It just doesn´t anymore.
Maybe there´s something wrong with intel identification software. Because it identifies wificard in this PC as wireless ac 7260, in windows it is identified as wireless-n 7260. It was bought and supposed to be AC, but it turned out to be N type according to ID numbers.
Correct, I found out the solution anyway after desperately researching how to fix it.
I will tell you how I fixed it, and how you should fix it.
- Go to Intel's download center search around for the driver that fits your computer and that is up to date.
- Download it, but as a zip!
- Then extract it to your desktop.
- Right click desktop.
- Click screen resolution.
- Click advance settings.
- Click the properties button.
- Go into driver tab.
- Click "Update driver ..."
- Now click "Browse computer for driver software".
- Go into the driver folder you extracted to your desktop, click on the graphics folder directory and click ok, or whatever the button is.
- Then click the button at the end of that window that says "Let me pick from a list of drivers on my computer".
- Click the "Have disk" button.
- Go into the Graphics folder inside the driver folder extracted to your desktop and click the text document looking file, turns out that this file basically states the mininum specifications for the driver basically it's what is meant to tell the computer "THIS SOFTWARE IS FOR THIS COMPUTER".
Anyway, from there click OK, NEXT, etc. until your driver is installing.