Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14397 Discussions

Intel i7-3770- Overheated

RPark2
Beginner

Recently I've bought my rig

Intel i7-3770 with mobo-Intel DZ77SL50k, 4GB 1600 Ram, GT640 2gb, Corsair VS650 PSU, 1TB HDD...

I assembled my rig.. it started on red light show from motherboard just above CPU. showing temp of 104'C. I re-seated cooler now it's fine. the thing is I wanted to know, will over-heating will cause any trouble for future or will it perform like normal?

And, Intel Processor Diagnostic tool is not running, nor it's config windows shows anymore.

How should I check whether my processor is working fine or it took any damage?

Thanks in advance.

Driver(s), window is up-to-date

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Hi RahulTT,

The problem is determined how much did your processor run while exceeded maximum temperature?

This might have damaged the processor since the processor was designed to work at 67.4°C.

At this stage the only way to test the processor would be dropping another processor on your board. If you do not have a spare processor, you may think calling Intel warranty service for replacement options.

You can get a hold of Intel support through this link: www.intel.com/chat

Allan.

RPark2
Beginner

Thanks Allan, I'll be calling Intel Support shortly. My processor, on 104'C temp ran for like 10 to 15 mins max. And it's working fine now, I guess. But I'll call Intel support any ways.

0 Kudos