8 Replies Latest reply on Feb 24, 2014 10:22 AM by GiveMeLight

NM Galileo project - Sub Fab Gauge/Equipment Monitoring

GiveMeLight

Description:

• Sub Fab PMs require human resourcing to monitor gauges and inspect equipment components.  The Galileo board would provide the monitoring of such items "remotely," using the network interface, and the multitude of sensor compatibilities (current, voltage, flow rates {air and liquid}, vibration, and pressure).
      • The networked remote monitoring would provide a data stream of values at a higher frequency than the currently scheduled PMs.  That information would provide insight to trending of components as well as near real time response to catastrophic failures.  We would also gain data from tool parametric monitoring that we have electively stopped doing.
        • 1. Re: NM Galileo project - Sub Fab Gauge/Equipment Monitoring
          SergioRMS

Were is the project ? I have interest in that.

• 2. Re: NM Galileo project - Sub Fab Gauge/Equipment Monitoring
            dmmanzan

Latest update on this project.

The Galileo board is coded and running.

The sensors connected are TMP006 an on chip and IR temperature sensor and a ForceSensitiveResistor.

The onboard NIC connects to the internet, and we added an N135 minipcie card, it too connects to the internet as well.

We are utilizing an RGB LED for indication of temperatures (ambient = onboard compared to object = IR temp) Red for hot and Blue for cold.  We have also created a simple "gauge" of force...4 LEDs as an indicator.

The Sketch is autoloaded via an SD card, and this is where the temp and force data is recorded.

We are using ftpd from galileo, and a server as ftp client to pull the data from SD card to add to a database on the server.

From there the DB is query-able for report creation/generation.

• 3. Re: NM Galileo project - Sub Fab Gauge/Equipment Monitoring
              GiveMeLight

Update:
              Sensors -
              TMP006 are being used for Ambient (environment, on board) and Object (IR sense of heat exchanger)
              FSR is being used for fill level of bulk chemical canister.

No issues here.  The Break-out board of the TMP from Sparkfun was quite easy to connect and code up.  The only issue with the FSR is its leads.  They are quite fragile.  Solution was to use crimp connectors of a female header.

To display information regarding the Temperatures and Force measured, I decided to use an LCD.  First attempt was with no success.  From the makers forum, I found out that the Quark requires an additional lcd.init() to get the LCD to work. 

Networking -
              I installed the mini PCIe N135 card, and wireless was up and running in minutes.  (not on the Intel internal network)
              I found that to get NIC up and running...the LAN cable MUST be connected to Ethernet port PRIOR to powering up the Galileo board.
              Next big hurdle getting wifi up and running on the Intel internal network.  To do so requires PKI certificates, (user and machine)...after lots of trying...new yocto builds...python scripts...I have handed it over to those who know the network, certs, and Linux way more than I do.  The NIC/LAN is no issues with internal network.

• 4. Re: NM Galileo project - Sub Fab Gauge/Equipment Monitoring
                GiveMeLight

TMP006 from Sparkfun, and example connection to an Arduino Uno.  Not on Galileo you can use A4 and A5 or use the SCL and SDA pins

TMP006_Arduino.jpgTMP006.jpg

FSR and connection to an Arduino

FSR.jpgfsr_arduino.png

• 5. Re: NM Galileo project - Sub Fab Gauge/Equipment Monitoring
                  GiveMeLight

How about a 3D printed case...to hold it all!

Our Intel Module Repair Labs created a case for the sensors and one for the Galileo Board and a 16x2 LCD screen and RGB LED.

The great thing about this....the TMP006 is mounted/soldered to a simple Radio Shack PCB, and I added RJ25 ports for module connectivity.  The TMP006 boards utilize SCL/SDA so there could be 128 devices connected...so the modular simple connection is a terrific solution.

The FSR utilizes 5V/GND and A0...

Using an RJ45 port (Ethernet cable) as the output port from the Galileo, I can connect ALL/ANY SCL/SDA devices (I2C) and Analog sensors

• 6. Re: NM Galileo project - Sub Fab Gauge/Equipment Monitoring
                    DLLY

How many Analog or Digital points on your end side? Did you use an Arduino board to collect data, then send it out to Galileo board via wireless? How to? Any other extended board for data collecting?

• 8. Re: NM Galileo project - Sub Fab Gauge/Equipment Monitoring
                      GiveMeLight

Currently I am only using one analog pin for an FSR.

I am using SCL/SDA (I2C/2wire) for the other digital sensors...the TMP006.

Using the SCL/SDA and VCC/GND...I could connect 128 digital sensors. (just change the address on each component)