3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 4, 2013 12:16 PM by kevin_intel

Problem with My Display Drivers After Upgrading to Windows 8

McLeroy

Hello,

I just upgraded my HP Pavilion dv4-1431us PC from windows 7 to Windows 8 and after the upgrade it seems my video card doesn't function properly again. I.e. on the prev os (windows 7) Wen I right clicked on my desktop I normaly saw 'Graphics Properties' among the list of items there but nw I don't even have intel control panel on my PC. and programs which I used to run smootly on 7 I.e Photoshop CS6 and NFS Most Wanted don't work well again. Photoshop says it found a problem with ny display drivers that I should update them while NFS nw runs with black bars on both sides of the screen. no Intel Control Panel to correct this. I was told to get an update for my display driver (Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1). but den wen I went to get the update from intel site I found out the latest update they have for my display driver is for windows7. none for windows8. Please if I download this will it work? and will I get my Intel Control Panel back? and will it be the solution? or what else can I do? Pleeeasssee. Thanks a lot in advance.

also my graphics accelerator is Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD, if that will help.