2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 30, 2013 1:27 AM by kkgupta

D54250WYK - fan BIOS settings?

Kent_M

I have found information in "Cooling and fan control" on Intel's web claiming there are "Predefined options" for the fan to operate in cool, balanced, quiet, etc. mode. I can't find this setting in my D54250WYK BIOS. Can someone please point it out for me?

Source: http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-033941.htm?wapkw=intelnucboard+d54250wyb

• 1. Re: D54250WYK - fan BIOS settings?
          sylvia_intel

Hello  Kent_M, you will be able to find these settings when you access the BIOS.

Make sure you are running the BIOS version available which is 0021   Download Center

Once you are in BIOS, click on the Advanced tab and at the right hand side you will see these menu.

You will be able to customize the settings.

FAN 1.JPG

fan 2.JPG

• 2. Re: D54250WYK - fan BIOS settings?
            kkgupta

Hi Sylvia -

Can you please confirm which version of the BIOS has this option? And does it apply to the Intel NUC D34010WYK model?

My Intel NUC Visual Bios looks nothing like your screenshot, and does *not* have the option for "System Fan Control" or Min Temp or Duty Cycle Increment. Please see screenshot below and confirm how we can access these additional cooling options? I have updated to the latest BIOS version 0022.

2013-12-30 00.22.14.jpg