3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 25, 2013 8:21 PM by nucfan

NUC wireless issues

nucfan

Hi all,

I have a NUC model D34010WYK with the following wireless card: Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6235.

I'm having issues with the card dropping the connection for no apparent reason. And the NUC is

sitting right next to the wireless router! I'm running WIN 7 Pro (64bit) and in device manager the card

shows without any symbol (question mark or exclamation point). Then I have to run the network

troubleshooter and that enables the connection again at least for a little while.

Anybody else heard of this kind of problem? Anybody knows a solution to this?

I love my little NUC and I don't want give up on it!!!

Thank You

• 1. Re: NUC wireless issues
          provo44

Why not try to hard wire it until the smart people have more time to deal with your problem?

Hook up direct from modem to NUC.

• 2. Re: NUC wireless issues
            joe_intel

Hello nucfan, these are some recommendations:

• Verify wireless integration and proper antenna connection.
            • Check the security encryption settings in both the computer wireless profile and the router. For home use we recommend WPA2-AES and avoid options related to TKIP.
            • Relocate interfering devices and/or router. AP’s antenna usually radiates in a doughnut shaped pattern.
            • Change from automatic channel selection to the least congested wireless channel on your router. The recommended channels are 1, 6, and 11 depending on your wireless environment. You may monitor it with InSSIDer*.
            • Roaming aggressiveness is suggested to be set to medium or less in the wireless driver's advanced settings.
            • Update your wireless adapter driver: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23391
            • Update your router’s firmware for better compatibility. Test with different router.
            • This is a dual band wireless adapter, you may also use the 5 GHz network if the AP supports it.

Wireless Networking; How do I improve my 802.11n wireless performance?

NOTE: These links are being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there.

• 3. Re: NUC wireless issues
              nucfan

Joe,

Hey thanks for the helpful hints, but I solved the problem (very easy by the way). Got rid of the intel wireless, got

my money back. And now I'm buying a broadcom wireless mini adapter!!!