Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20597 Discussions

Problem with dark screen

MSuar4
Beginner

Hello everyone. Some days ago, my screen went dark and the brightness buttons did not change anything. The solution I found was to go back to the version 9.17.10.2884 of the Intel HD Graphics 4000. But now, that continues happening every few days and I have to do it again. Besides, I would want to use the last update of the controller, not the one from 2012, because with this one it does not run good. What can I do?

I have a Lenovo ideapad, with Windows 8.1 (I must say that I had the same problem with Windows 8). The graphics are: Intel HD Graphics 4000 and NVIDIA GeForce GT 645M.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
PA_M
Novice

Hi,

As your Ideapad equipped with GeForce GT645M discrete GPU, I would suggest to disable the Intel HD G 4000 or make GT 645 default, and use for few days if the problem doesn't appear you can assume the Problem is with Intel HD 4000 driver other wise you may have to contact Lenovo for further support. Hope this will help.