If your network connection icon indicates “Limited connectivity”, this means you are most likely connected to the router, so the questions are: Do you receive a valid IP address? Do you receive internet connection?
Please consider the following suggestions:
- Verify you are getting a valid IP address in CMD with the "ipconfig" command. Uninstall the wireless driver from device manager and restart; there is no need to delete the software. Restart all network devices at the same time.
- Check your IP and DNS settings on the wireless adapter and the router. You may want to check if both are set up correctly for DHCP or static values.
- The security encryption settings in both the computer wireless profile and the router should match. Additional security settings on the router may limit the connection or block internet access.
- Security software such as antivirus or firewall may also cause the issue.
- Update your router’s firmware for better compatibility.