2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 28, 2009 3:55 AM by Aryan2411

DP45SG no beep or display

face70

I just build myself a new PC  DP45SG/Q9400/ x2 OCZ fatal1ty pc3 10666 2 GB/BFG 9600 GT  9600 GT(OC)/ Ultra 750 watts PS/ thermatake mid tower VI6000BNS . When I part all the part togther. My PC booted. I got into bios. I turn off the PC  When I plug in my Hard DRive(Seagate 500) their was no video.I use XFX 8800 GT no luck .I use my Seagate HD n the 8800 GT on my other pc it work just fine. I unplug my Hard DRive and re-boot my PC. no viideo. no beep..I remounted the CPU, memory, video card,cable, reset CMOS n battery.....no luck...I check all the connection n to make sure their all at the right spot. The Motherboard has a on speaker. i think it might be my memory or motherboard...or....IDK......please....help....thanks....

• 1. Re: DP45SG no beep or display
          unplugged_24

Hi there,

Initially to make sure the board and processor are fine, start with basic components first then add one components one by one and see. Follow the steps below:

1. Clear the CMOS by removing motherboard battery and put it back after about half an hour.

2. Connect only processor, it's heatsink + fan and power supply on the motherboard, nothing else. (if possible test outside pc case).

3. Start the system, you should get 3 beeps indicating memory error as there are no memory installed yet, that's fine.

4. Power off the system, add 1 module of memory, 1 gfx card (use PCIe slot that is closer to the mch heatsink), keyboard.

5. Start the system, if you have video, press F2 to go to bios when prompted. When in bios, set bios to default settings, save and exit.

6. If you do not get any video try with the other memory module and with the other gfx card (one by one).

If still no video, then you will have to do a bios recovery.

7. Download the latest bios version from this link (recovery method): http://downloadcenter.intel.com/license_agr.aspx?url=/17617/eng/SG0116.BIO&ProductID=2932&agr=Y&sType=&PrdMap=&DwnldId=17617&strOSs=38&OSFullName=OS%20Independent&lang=eng

8. Put the downloaded file on an empty usb pen drive (it should be a normal non-bootable usb, if it does not work, try using another usb key).

9. Power off the system, remove the bios configuration jumper, plug in the usb in any available usb port and start the system.

10. The recovery process should start and you can see some activity on the usb (if it has an activity light). You may or may not have video, but in case you do not get any video, you can wait for some time (10 minutes) or when there is no more activity on the usb.

Then power off the system, remove the usb,put the bios jumper back to the normal position and start the system. Your system should now boot normally.

Please remember to use only compatible memory:http://support.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/dp45sg/sb/CS-029151.htm

Also, remember it's not recommended to change the memory configurations in bios as this may make the board unusable.

If you are sure you have done the above troubleshooting steps properly and it has not solved the boot issue, then there is nothing much else I can advise. Contact your reseller to get then board replaced.

Cheers.

• 2. Re: DP45SG no beep or display
            Aryan2411

Hi there,

Well follow all the instructions that Unplugged advised you and see if it makes any changes.

Bear in mind, that you are using a memory that does not meet the memory requirement for the board. Possibly changing these values manually would have been better for the system to work efficiently. But unfortunately, since now the system is not booting, you will need to follow the instructions given by Unplugged.

System Memory Features
            The Desktop Board supports the dual or single channel memory configurations defined below:

• Four 240-pin Double Data Rate 3 (DDR3) SDRAM Dual Inline Memory Module (DIMM) connectors with gold-plated contacts.
            • 1333/1066/800 MHz DDR3 SDRAM interface
            • 1.5 V DDR3 SDRAM DIMMs with gold plated contacts, with the option to raise the voltage to support higher performance DDR3 SDRAM DIMMs
            • Unbuffered, non-registered single- or double-sided DIMMs
            • Non-ECC DDR3 memory
            • Serial Presence Detect (SPD) memory only
            • Up to 4 GB utilizing 512 Mb or 1 Gb technology
            • Up to 8 GB utilizing 1 Gb or 2 Gb technology

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/dp45sg/sb/CS-029151.htm

http://www.ocztechnology.com/products/memory/ocz_ddr3_pc3_10666_fatal1ty_edition

Try another compatible memory modules if possible.

All i know about this board, previously there was any issue with certain gfx cards, it is fixed now.

From the release notes of the BIOS updates:
            http://downloadmirror.intel.com/17384/eng/SG_0109_ReleaseNotes.pdf
            There is a fix in the BIOS for the support of certain GFX cards.

All the best,

Regards,

Aryan