dz87klt-75k doesn't recognize AMD XFX HD 6990

LILTTALK

I hope someone can help me on this issue. Here is my current system info:

MB: dz87klt-75k

CPU: i7-4770K

GPU: AMD XFX 6990

MEM: 32gb Kingston's KHX24C11T3K2/16X

PS: 1000w Antec High Current Pro

Issue is that the motherboard does not recognize my AMD XFX 6990 in the bios screen. I can not use it as a primary video display. When I force it to be the primary PEG, I get 3 beeps cause of no active video card. On board video works i would like to utilize my graphics card.  I think this is a common problem with the 8 series chipsets. I had tried this card in an ASUS Maxiums VI Formula with the same result. This card works great in my old setup below:

MB: DX58SO

CPU: i7-920

GPU: AMD XFX 6990

MEM: 16gb Kingston's KHX24C11T3K2/16X

PS: 1000w Antec High Current Pro

Any help would be greatly appriciated.

- LILTTALK

• 1. Re: dz87klt-75k doesn't recognize AMD XFX HD 6990
          sylvia_intel

Hello LILTTALK, for this kind of behavior what we can recommend you to do is check with the video card manufacture for a firmware update.

Also, make sure you have the latest BIOS version available for this motherboard.

You can also try to change UEFI boot to LEGACY boot in BIOS before installing a graphic card. We saw some good results when doing this.

Additional to that, you could remove the CMOS battery and leave the system without it for about 10 hours. Then, put it back in and restart

If you are using a video card, I would recommend you to please remove it and also disconnect the power supply from the board.