Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

OpenGL texture creation/deletion bug in Intel HD 4000

crogb
Beginner

Hello everyone,

I am an engineer at muvee (www.muvee.com) and we have been informed of a bug that occurs on our software muvee Reveal X. Our software, an openGL based video and photo editing tool uses a texture pool so as to save VRAM when displaying photos and videos to the screen. This works fine on all the graphics cards and drivers we have tested on so far. However recently, we have been informed that once a photo has been texturized, there seems to be a bug in the driver such that it is not cleared properly for the next image to be texturized.

I would gladly assist you guys with product keys and sample data should you wish to try to reproduce the bug which we strongly believe lies with the intel HD 4000 driver.

I hope to hear from you soon.

-Chetan

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Hi matchstickman,

Thank you for reporting an issue with OpenGL based drivers. At this stage, this type of issues is handled by different department. I will need to escalate this issue and I need the following information:

The Graphics report generated within graphics properties. See below for information about how to pull the graphics report:

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/cs-009476.htm http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/cs-009476.htm

DirectX report from Microsoft* operating system

Click Start, click Run, type 'dxdiag' in the Open box, and then click OK, choose save all the information and attach the report.

I would also like to get additional information about this issue, such steps to replicate this problem, links to download files, or screen shots of the problem.

Allan

crogb
Beginner

Hi Allan,

My apologies for the 3 day delay. I thought I'd get an email alert when you replied but didn't. Anyways I'll give you all the info you need.

To reproduce the issue

1. Go to www.muvee.com/en/products/reveal and download the software muvee Reveal X

2, Install the software on a PC with Intel HD 4000 machine or an Intel HD 4600 machine (both cards have the same bug)

3. The problematic OS seems to be Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit (please refer to the two attached DXdiag.txt)

4. Launch muvee reveal X

5. Click on "Add >> From my computer" and insert roughly 10 random photos (the software comes with sample stock photos you can use)

6. Choose the style "Lifebook"

7. Press play

Notice that when the preview is playing, the first (or second) image is repeated several times. This is not the normal behavior. Each photo is supposed to appear once during the slideshow. Btw this issue has happened before on some intel driver of the GMA945. We never logged it because it went away with subsequent driver updates.

Also this issue does not happen on any intel/nvidia/ati cards except for intel hd 4000 and intel hd 4600.

Some background about our rendering engine. we have a texture pool in our renderer. So at any given time, we've got probably 5 active textures. As soon as a picture is out of the screen, we reuse the old texture and paste a new picture on it. It seems that with intel HD 4000, retexturizing an old texture fails.

Thanks for your help, Alan.

I hope to hear from you soon.

-Chetan

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Hi matchstickman,

Thank you for the information, I am currently researching on this issue. As soon as I can, I will send you a message with my findings. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Allan.

0 Kudos
crogb
Beginner

Hello Allan,

I wanted to send you a quick message to enquire about the status of this bug. Do let me know.

Thanks,

Chetan

0 Kudos