Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Need help with Intel HD 3000

BWash
Beginner

So i have intel HD 3000 chipset and windows 8 installed on bootcamp but when am playing games such as WOWi get 2-6 fps during raids and bg's

which is making it impossible to play the game. The graphics look nice but the FPS are so low and sluggish it's making the game unplayable. But on my MAC side the game is smooth at 30fps with no FPS drop during raids but i you my windows partition mainly cause i do alot of server and IT work but i also like the gaming on my windows but i need to fix the FPS drop on WOW HELP!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi BWASH,

I personally have tested WoW Wrath of the Lich King and Cataclysm with an Intel® HD Graphics 3000 and it has worked just fine. I recommend you installing the latest graphics driver we have for your controller that can be downloaded at the following link:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23102&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%208%2C%2064-bit*&DownloadType=%0A%09%09%09%09%09%09%09Drivers%0A%09%09%09%09%09%09

It is important to mention that the Intel ® HD graphics controller makes the function of a low end video card and it is not a high performance graphics card. Due to this, I recommend you playing with the game video settings such as the shadows and player textures.

0 Kudos
BWash
Beginner

But my fps are jumping from 9-60 Fps using the latest windows intel HD 3000 drivers and get a steady 30 fps playing on the mac side of my computer with this intel HD 3000 drivers. Ive tried all the settings possible to maximize the fps, the graphics look descent its just the drivers are aren't optimized if you guys can possibly try to work on fixing the current drivers or hot fix them so they actually work that would be nice!

Thanks intel for making me never want another GFX card made by you guys

0 Kudos
BWash
Beginner

If you tested these drivers out on WoLk and Cata then you know that all WOW players are currently Playing Mist of Pandaria which came out in 2012 and your playing the expansion from 3 years ago and the drivers are dated 8/13/13 ive downloaded the current drivers and the FPS are still going from 60-20 in open land and 13-6 in raids. Can you look in to fixing the drivers to work with the newest version of World Of Warcraft

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

The Mist Of Pandaria is a newer game that requires higher graphics processing. As I mentioned before, the Intel ® HD graphics controller makes the function of a low end video card and it is not a high performance graphics card. At this point, since you have installed the latest driver I recommend you contacting the computer manufacturer so they can provide the driver for your system.

0 Kudos