Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20601 Discussions

Lost Sound after turning of TV (HD4600 HDMI + LG TV)

AGrei1
Beginner

Hi,

I have an Problem with my HTPC. The System is an fresh installed (no Upgrade from 8.0) Windows 8.1 (64 bit) System.

Hardware: Asus H87M-Pro Board with latest Bios 0906

Intel i5 4570s with hd4600 Graphic

LG 60LA7408-ZA TV

The TV is direct connected with an HDMI cable (no HDMI switch or amplifier).

Software: Windows 8.1 64 bit German with Media Center (all drivers up to date)

Intel Graphic driver Version 3316 (installed from zip in Device Manager)

The Problem: If I start the PC (TV is on), all works fine. If I change the Input on the TV or Power off the TV, the Sound is lost. After reconnect, the Audio Settings show the HDMI Sound as not connected. Reconnecting is not possible. Disconnecting HDMI Cable and Reconnect Cable does not work. If i Reboot the PC, all works fine.

I have checked this with 3 HDMI cable, the original Driver from ASUS, the Driver from Windows Update, the Driver from your downloadsite and with the driver found here on board.

intel, please correct this, Thanks!!!!!

I attached 2 Files created with dxdiag (with and without sound).

Thanks for help.

Greetings

Andreas

0 Kudos
111 Replies
MK20
Beginner

I have the same problem as you. Still waiting on response from Intel

0 Kudos
MNiel3
Novice

Dont hold your breath, they asked for feedback in another thread about 3 weeks ago, which I gave them, and since then not a single word.

0 Kudos
MNiel3
Novice

I will add my findings to the thread:

1. I am using HDMI directly to my philips 40pfl3008t (40" LED TV). I am using an Asus H81i-Plus Motherboard.

2. I have updated firmware on both my TV and motherboard.

3. Already had it connected directly to the TV on my end, and the issue is the same, when it resumes from sleep the driver is listed with an exclamation mark and says its failed to start in device manager.

Just noticed something else, if i dont turn my TV on before booting into windows i get the same problem.

Also I just plugged the TV into my other HTPC which uses an Ivybridge setup, no issues on that one, so must be related to my Haswell setup somehow.

Btw, this does not happend on Ubuntu 13.10, I dualboot Windows 8.1 and Ubuntu 13.10, and in Linux there are no issues.

Update: The error occurs aswell if you just unplug the HDMI cable while in windows, so doesnt seem to have anything to do with the TV.

Everything works fine if i use a Radeon 5450 graphics card, but I would prefer to just use the iGPU.

0 Kudos
DArce
Valued Contributor III

I tried to replicate the issue with no success, however we are still investigating on this issue. As soon as we have an update we will let you know

0 Kudos
MK20
Beginner

You are suggesting that on windows 8.1 with current drivers that the HDMI Audio does not dissapear when you turn off an HDMI connection?

I have replicated this issue on 2 different motherboards including the one mentioned above.

Is intel unable to replicate the issue?

0 Kudos
DArce
Valued Contributor III

I tried this and it works normally, still as I mentioned I have forwarded this to investigate further

0 Kudos
DArce
Valued Contributor III

Folks, please uninstall the video driver currently installed and install the latest driver in our web site, posted at:

Version 15.33.5.3316 (10.18.10.3316):

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Graphics&ProductLine=Desktop+graphics+drivers&ProductProduct=4th+Generation+Intel%C2%AE+Core%E2%84%A2+Processors+with+Intel%C2%AE+HD+Graphics+4600&ProdId=3720&LineId=1100&FamilyId=39 Download Center

*This version may appear the same as the one you have installed, but keep in mind that the version in your system may be the one provided through Windows* updates, which has an outdated driver for the display audio. so, please uninstall the driver you have and then use the one in our site

Use the manual installation method described on the article below to load that driver:

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-033916.htm Desktop graphics drivers | How to manually install a driver in Microsoft Windows 8* or Windows 8.1*

After this is done, check if the issue persists and then generate a dxdiag report again and post it here.

0 Kudos
AGrei1
Beginner

Hi Diego,

I do the following steps:

1. Deinstall all Graphic drivers until Microsoft Basic Display Driver is shown (see intel1.png)

2. Download the Driver (zip Version) from the link above

3. Install the driver from the Device Manager

4. Reboot

5. Sound works (see intel2.png and dxdiag with sound.txt)

6. Turn off TV

7. Turn on TV, Sound is lost (see intel3.png and dxdiag no sound.txt)

8. The Sounddriver is disabled in the device manager

9. Reboot

10 Sound works.

Link to the files:

http://sdrv.ms/1asCgKB http://sdrv.ms/1asCgKB

0 Kudos
AGrei1
Beginner

Hi,

yesterday I found a new driver on this Website (Version 3345).

I installed the driver at the same way (deinstall until Mirosoft basic Driver, Install with Device Manger).

After Reboot, Sound works.

Turning off/on the TV, Sound is lost.

But, if I reboot the PC, sound works, and now I change the input on my TV to my Bluerayplayer and switch back, Sound survived. Sound is only lost, when the TV is turning off.

Its not the solution, but its an beginning 🙂

Greetings from Germany

Andreas

0 Kudos
DArce
Valued Contributor III

Please post all information on this site directly and do not use third party sites to upload information requested here.

What we need to confirm is that the HDMI audio driver version is not 3112, as the version that came packaged with the 3316 driver is 3123. Therefore the HDMI version should be 3123 at least

0 Kudos
AGrei1
Beginner

Hi,

the Version of my drivers are:

intel Display Audio: 6.16.0.3129 (16.10.2013)

Intel HD Graphics 4600: 10.18.10.3345 (31.10.2013)

All Drivers installed from zip-File in the Device Manager.

After Reboot: Sound works

Change HDMI Source on TV: PC -> Blueray -> PC: Sound works

Power off TV -> Power on TV: sound is lost, cannot reactivate until reboot.

I have attached the Files from my last posting

0 Kudos
DArce
Valued Contributor III

As per that report dxdiag report you are still using 3112 driver version for the HDMI audio.

Could you please provide an updated dxdiag report?

0 Kudos
AGrei1
Beginner

Hi,

sorry, to many dxdiag files. I have attached new files, just generated.

If the sound is lost, the audio device is shown as deaktivated device in device manager

Greetings

Andreas

0 Kudos
DArce
Valued Contributor III

Are you using any other device in the middle such as a switch or an USB dock of any kind?

0 Kudos
AGrei1
Beginner

Hi,

no, direct cable between HDMI port and TV.

no switch, nothing.

TV has 3 HDMI Inputs, I have test it at all of them and with 3 different cable

0 Kudos
DArce
Valued Contributor III

Tnx, allow me to further investigate.

0 Kudos
AGrei1
Beginner

Hi Diego,

any news? can I hope? It is not the solution to reboot the PC after power off the TV.

0 Kudos
NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

Hi AndreasGreiner,

I'll be taking over for Diego on this issue. I've just followed the reproduction steps you posted and I am unable to experience the issue. What I've done is installed the 3345 driver, connected the system via HDMI directly to a TV via HDMI - and while playing both .mp3 and .mp4 content I'll turn off the TV and turn it back on. However, I haven't lost audio at all, it still plays just fine. Can I ask what the format of the file is you are trying to play, and what software you are using to play it?

Thanks,

-Nic

0 Kudos
AGrei1
Beginner

Hi nic,

the problem is in the hole system.

I use Windows Mediacenter for playing DVD, watching TV, playing MP3s and videos.

But the problem is also in the windows media player or in the browser (watching youtube videos)

The problem is in every program with any kind of file, because after turnund off/on theTV, the sounddevice is lost and windows says, I have no sound device.

I will make you tommorow an video to show you the problem live.

0 Kudos
JSust1
Beginner

Hello,

I just want you to know that I have the same issue with my new Intel Core i5 4670 and my television LG 32LH2000. When the system has freshly booted everything works like a charm. But when I turn off the TV and then turn it on, there is a sound like when new device is connected and then I lose my HDMI Audio device. Nothing helps, I have to reboot the whole computer.

CPU: Intel Core i5 4670 3.4GHz

Mainboard: Gigabyte H87N-WIFI

Graphics Drivers version: 10.18.10.3345

Display Audio version: 6.16.0.3123

0 Kudos