I will add my findings to the thread:
1. I am using HDMI directly to my philips 40pfl3008t (40" LED TV). I am using an Asus H81i-Plus Motherboard.
2. I have updated firmware on both my TV and motherboard.
3. Already had it connected directly to the TV on my end, and the issue is the same, when it resumes from sleep the driver is listed with an exclamation mark and says its failed to start in device manager.
Just noticed something else, if i dont turn my TV on before booting into windows i get the same problem.
Also I just plugged the TV into my other HTPC which uses an Ivybridge setup, no issues on that one, so must be related to my Haswell setup somehow.
Btw, this does not happend on Ubuntu 13.10, I dualboot Windows 8.1 and Ubuntu 13.10, and in Linux there are no issues.
Update: The error occurs aswell if you just unplug the HDMI cable while in windows, so doesnt seem to have anything to do with the TV.
Everything works fine if i use a Radeon 5450 graphics card, but I would prefer to just use the iGPU.
Folks, please uninstall the video driver currently installed and install the latest driver in our web site, posted at:
Version 22.214.171.12416 (10.18.10.3316):
*This version may appear the same as the one you have installed, but keep in mind that the version in your system may be the one provided through Windows* updates, which has an outdated driver for the display audio. so, please uninstall the driver you have and then use the one in our site
Use the manual installation method described on the article below to load that driver:
After this is done, check if the issue persists and then generate a dxdiag report again and post it here.
I do the following steps:
1. Deinstall all Graphic drivers until Microsoft Basic Display Driver is shown (see intel1.png)
2. Download the Driver (zip Version) from the link above
3. Install the driver from the Device Manager
5. Sound works (see intel2.png and dxdiag with sound.txt)
6. Turn off TV
7. Turn on TV, Sound is lost (see intel3.png and dxdiag no sound.txt)
8. The Sounddriver is disabled in the device manager
10 Sound works.
Link to the files:
yesterday I found a new driver on this Website (Version 3345).
I installed the driver at the same way (deinstall until Mirosoft basic Driver, Install with Device Manger).
After Reboot, Sound works.
Turning off/on the TV, Sound is lost.
But, if I reboot the PC, sound works, and now I change the input on my TV to my Bluerayplayer and switch back, Sound survived. Sound is only lost, when the TV is turning off.
Its not the solution, but its an beginning :-)
Greetings from Germany
Please post all information on this site directly and do not use third party sites to upload information requested here.
What we need to confirm is that the HDMI audio driver version is not 3112, as the version that came packaged with the 3316 driver is 3123. Therefore the HDMI version should be 3123 at least
the Version of my drivers are:
intel Display Audio: 126.96.36.19929 (16.10.2013)
Intel HD Graphics 4600: 10.18.10.3345 (31.10.2013)
All Drivers installed from zip-File in the Device Manager.
After Reboot: Sound works
Change HDMI Source on TV: PC -> Blueray -> PC: Sound works
Power off TV -> Power on TV: sound is lost, cannot reactivate until reboot.
I have attached the Files from my last posting