Do you have anymore details on the errors you are getting?
Under 8.1 the com/usb only says there is a unknown device. I manually install the drivers (the system folder's does'nt match the 8.0 version) but still the Galileo Board is not detected and the IDE does'nt recognize it and does not select the correct com.
1 of 1 people found this helpful
working fine for me on windows 8.1 64bit.
try to update drivers manually and select "arduino-1.5.3" folder instead of "arduino-1.5.3/hardware/arduino/x86/tools" (said in the guide).
I had this same issue originally as you posted here. I did not see a resolution posted so let me tell you what I did to get
to the point where I was able to see "Gadget Serial v2.4". It took me a while to get to this point as I was getting an unknown device under Other devices as well. What I did was to go to the arduino-1.5.3 folder that I unzipped, then into drivers, then selected dpinst-amd64.exe. ran that program. I then removed my USB cable from the PC going to the Galileo, waited a few seconds, plugged it back in, then i was able to see the Gadget Serial v2.4. I am running on an Ultrabook Core I5 using Windows 8 64 bit processor. I hope this helps.