Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Need some help with a graphic driver for windows 8.1

CIonu
Novice

I really need some help with a graphic driver. I think there is none.

I have a Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family and there is no driver for windows 8.1

Please help me , what i can do. I can't use the computer properly without a graphic driver.

Thanks and sorry if i'm having a bad english.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
CIonu
Novice

Yeah that link was provided in all the topics and there is no driver for windows 8 or 8.1 , it just says that microsoft has one when you install the windows , but that isn't good at all , it's like you don't have it , othing is working so useless link.

I've asked on many forums and i found lots people with the same problem. I don't want to be disresectful but i heard Intel is not giving a shit for the old drivers. This problem is since 1 year , i can't expect from them to make it in the near future so i think i will have to buy a new one. I don't want to go back to the windows 7 just cause as this problem , i payd for the new windows.

Take care 😕

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
CIonu
Novice

Some help please? Drivers for Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family are only for windows 7 on the download list.

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Shpace,

I am afraid to say that the drivers for win 8.1 are provided for the 3rd & 4th Generation Intel HD Graphics only. You can check more information at the following link:

/docs/DOC-19647 https://communities.intel.com/docs/DOC-19647

0 Kudos
YLuo17
Beginner

Your link doesn't even support what you're saying. That FAQ page makes no mention of Windows 8.1. After taking a better look at the income links, I see that you're the only person who's actually using that page to support this assertion. Are your words here actually representative of Intel's official support policy?

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi dcgavel,

In fact I am an Intel® representative assisting customers in the communities. The link provided before is not correct. Here is the correct one where you can check the supported HD controllers for Win 8.1:

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-033838.htm http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-033838.htm

0 Kudos
NHard2
Novice

The link you provided has a list of intel graphics products with drivers for windows 8, yes, this is true. However, the list says there is an update available for http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/intel4m/ Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family with Windows Update. Which is either misleading or not true at all, because I've downloaded every single available update using windows update since I upgraded to windows 8 and my issues with my graphics driver have still not been resolved. I need actual help, not just some regurgitated crap that you give to everyone, because obviously it's not working. A lot of people have been having issues with this specific driver, how can we actually fix the problem?

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

I apologize for the inconvenience this problem is causing to you. At this point the Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset is a mature product and the support we provide is up to Windows 7 only.

0 Kudos
CIonu
Novice

Yeah that link was provided in all the topics and there is no driver for windows 8 or 8.1 , it just says that microsoft has one when you install the windows , but that isn't good at all , it's like you don't have it , othing is working so useless link.

I've asked on many forums and i found lots people with the same problem. I don't want to be disresectful but i heard Intel is not giving a shit for the old drivers. This problem is since 1 year , i can't expect from them to make it in the near future so i think i will have to buy a new one. I don't want to go back to the windows 7 just cause as this problem , i payd for the new windows.

Take care 😕

0 Kudos