May I have you system dxdiag report please?
The second one is with no HDMI audio after changing the source on the receiver.
Also, I have a 7.1 system and the configure speakers option is only showing 5.1 surround. No, 7.1 option.
not much difference in the two logs.
I am afraid to say that I am having problems to open the links provided. Please generate the report and copy and paste the information here.
Please see attachment above.
DxDiag NO HDMI
Edit: Attached file above.
Any updates on this?
Its funny, Diego asked for feedback on this issue weeks ago, which I gave in another thread, not a single response since then, even tho may ppl are experiencing it. Haswell as it stands is littered with issues.
If you try with a direct connection without the receiver, is it working fine? What are the brand/model of the devices you have tested it with?
no, if I do a direct connection to the projector the same thing happens.
I have tested with AsRock H87m and Asus H87m-e.
I have the same problem with a brand new system I just put together:
- Asrock Z87 Pro4 (C2 stepping), latest bios
- Fresh Windows 7 SP1 install with all the latest drivers (Graphics: 22.214.171.124.3257 driver from 9/11/2013)
- AV receiver (Yamaha RX-V673) connected to HDMI out
- Audio device is not detected if receiver gets turned on after the system has booted
- Audio device is only detected if receiver is on before booting the system
- Audio device is lost/disappears if receiver is being turned off
- Audio device does not reappear when receiver is turned back on. Device manager shows a sound controller with error "This device cannot start. (Code 10)"
These problems are a real deal breaker for HTPC usage. A fix is urgently required.
Please let me know how I can assist you with solving these issues.
Please try doing the following:
- Install the Graphics Driver at the following link:
- Once installed the driver above, please open device manager and uninstall the HDMI audio driver and install the latest audio driver from the computer manufacture side.
this did the trick for me. The playback device now appears and disappears properly when the receiver is turned on and off.
So what exactly is the root cause here? An incompatibility of the graphics and audio driver included in the driver package? Can we expect this to be resolved in future driver package releases?
I am glad to hear this workaround fixed the issue. At this point we are going to pass the information to the corresponding team for a future fix.