Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4860 Discussions

Intel I217-V (WinPE drivers)

RCust1
Beginner

Hi everyone,

We recently purchased Fujitsu E720 desktops with I217-V Ethernet controller. I was trying to find drivers for WinPE either x86 or x64, but without success. I tried drivers from Windows 7, but its not working.

Has anyone succeeded to make I217-V working with Windows PE?

Thanks

Robert

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JLars8
Beginner

I have found a solution. This is what I did:

1. Renamed c:\boot\Macrium in order to get a fresh start of the WinPE setup without any old drivers
  2. Downloaded the latest 18.7 64bit Windows 8.0 driver package (this is a self-exctracting file that automatically installs the drivers, but do not run it since you do not want these drivers installed on the computer. I an using Windows 8.1 on my computer but the WinPE 4.0 version that Macrium Reflect uses needs a 8.0 driver from. I got my driver from here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=21642&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%208%2C%2064-bit*&DownloadType= Download Center)
  3. Renamed the .exe driver file to .zip
  4. Unzipped the .zip driver file
  5. Created a WinPE 4.0 rescue CD in Macrium but replaced the ethernet driver with the 63x64 driver available in the unzipped driver directory.

I hope this can help.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JLars8
Beginner

I am having exactly the same problem. I'm trying to get a Macrium Reflect Pro 5 rescue CD with WinPE 4.0 to get a network connection on my computer that has an ASUS Gryphon motherboard with an Intel I217V LAN controller. I have tried several drivers but have still not got WinPE 4.0 to work with my Intel I217V controller. If I find a solution I will post it here. If you find a solution please also post it here.

Cheers'

Jonas

0 Kudos
JLars8
Beginner

I have found a solution. This is what I did:

1. Renamed c:\boot\Macrium in order to get a fresh start of the WinPE setup without any old drivers
  2. Downloaded the latest 18.7 64bit Windows 8.0 driver package (this is a self-exctracting file that automatically installs the drivers, but do not run it since you do not want these drivers installed on the computer. I an using Windows 8.1 on my computer but the WinPE 4.0 version that Macrium Reflect uses needs a 8.0 driver from. I got my driver from here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=21642&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%208%2C%2064-bit*&DownloadType= Download Center)
  3. Renamed the .exe driver file to .zip
  4. Unzipped the .zip driver file
  5. Created a WinPE 4.0 rescue CD in Macrium but replaced the ethernet driver with the 63x64 driver available in the unzipped driver directory.

I hope this can help.

0 Kudos
RCust1
Beginner

Thanks for help, it works with WinPE 4. I was trying to make it work with WinPE 3, but without success. Finally I've moved to version 4.

Robert

0 Kudos