I am having exactly the same problem. I'm trying to get a Macrium Reflect Pro 5 rescue CD with WinPE 4.0 to get a network connection on my computer that has an ASUS Gryphon motherboard with an Intel I217V LAN controller. I have tried several drivers but have still not got WinPE 4.0 to work with my Intel I217V controller. If I find a solution I will post it here. If you find a solution please also post it here.
I have found a solution. This is what I did:
- Renamed c:\boot\Macrium in order to get a fresh start of the WinPE setup without any old drivers
- Downloaded the latest 18.7 64bit Windows 8.0 driver package (this is a self-exctracting file that automatically installs the drivers, but do not run it since you do not want these drivers installed on the computer. I an using Windows 8.1 on my computer but the WinPE 4.0 version that Macrium Reflect uses needs a 8.0 driver from. I got my driver from here: Download Center)
- Renamed the .exe driver file to .zip
- Unzipped the .zip driver file
- Created a WinPE 4.0 rescue CD in Macrium but replaced the ethernet driver with the 63x64 driver available in the unzipped driver directory.
I hope this can help.