I will try to reproduce this issue with my DQ87PG, but I have a couple of questions about your setup.
- What active connections do you have to the computer when you turn it off (SOL, IDE-R, KVM)?
- Are you shutting the computer off from the OS, or are you sending a Power Off command?
- Is the Intel Management software you are using the Intel vPro Platform Solution Manager? If so, what version of the software are you using?
- What is the version of your BIOS, and ME firmware?
1. I use the KVM connection using the Real VNC viewer Plus
2. The shutdown command from the OS and the Power Off command (graceful) seem to not work correctly. However the non-graceful poweroff works.
3. The Management Software I used to close the connection is called "Intel Management and Security Status" and came with the ME Drivers I used.
4. Bios PGQ8710H.86A.0036.2013.0702.1908, ME FW 220.127.116.115, MEBx Ver: 9.0.0.0023, LMS Ver: 18.104.22.1683, Mei Driver 22.214.171.1247, Sol Driver 126.96.36.1997
the BIOS Update does not work :-/ It shows an error at "Flashing Image for Intel Management Engine Firmware.. FwUpdateFullBuffer [failed]"
Technical information: (0x8000000000000015, 1566)
Any help would be appreciated as the computer does show very very strange symptoms like not booting everytime, shutdown issues etc.
To update the BIOS do one of the following:
- Download the .EXE version of the BIOS and run it from inside Windows.
- Download the .BIO version of the BIOS and put it on an empty USB flash drive. Then follow the steps in section 3.6 of the motherboard manual.
- Download the .BIO version of the BIOS and put it on an empty USB flash drive.
- Power off the computer and pull the power cable.
- Open the case and remove the BIOS Security Jumper (shown in section 2.3 of the motherboard manual).
- Plug in the USB flash drive.
- Power on the Computer.
- After the BIOS update completes power off the computer and replace the BIOS Security Jumper to the 1-2 position.
Try an incremental approach. Update to version 0121 first and then to version 0139.
I've tried it, but still no luck. After the reboot before flashing, a short message pops up, but only for a few ms. Then the screen turns black (DisplayPort, VGA) and after a minute the old BIOS boots up.
@addagger: I too wondered about this BIOS version, but it seems to be valid for the DQ87PG too and is listed for this board. Do you face the same problems?
Actually not the same issue. I just want to update BIOS because 0036 a little buggy for me.
It seems to me, the problem is in ME itself. Password protection or something like that...
Tomorrow I'll try to disable ME at all and then update BIOS again...