Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20690 Discussions

QUICK SYNC NOT WORKING WITH LATEST DRIVER UPDATE

spuri
Beginner

I have a yoga 13 with 3517u i5 processor with old driver the quick sync is working fine but when i update driver to latest hd4000

driver 15.33.5.64.3316 (10.18.10.3316) for Windows 8.1*. it stopped working why this is happening

when i add a task to convert video it just increase the time to 24 hrs to convert the video and never begin the conversion

i dont want the old driver since the new driver make game much faster around 15% is there any way

thank's

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DArce
Valued Contributor III

1. What type of video file are you trying to convert and what is the format you want to convert it to?

2. What software is being used to convert this video?

3. Please post the dxdiag report from the system you are using

0 Kudos
spuri
Beginner

hi

1. i tried every type of file like mp4 , mkv , avi etc to mp4 format

2. i am using MediaConverter 8

3. i don't know where to find the dxdiag report

i know this problem is created when i updated my video driver which i am downloaded from intel

with old driver everything work's fine but with game old driver is little bit slow

when i try to convert with old driver it conver within 20 sec

and now with latest driver it just wait and show 24 hr o convert and hang there for long time and no process is done there is no error window pop up or anything just the time is hang pls help

i love intel quick sync

0 Kudos
JYoun10
Beginner

I have this same issue, quick sync isn't working in windows 8.1 64 with the 3316 driver. I am using cyberlink powerdirector 12. I repartitioned my hard drive, installed win 7 sp1 64 bit, downloaded newest intel drivers from intel.com and quick sync worked in power director 12.

0 Kudos
JYoun10
Beginner

SOLVED. So it turns out it was user error after all. I figured out cyberlink power director was running on my nvidia optimus gpu automatically. I just had to right click the Power Director icon - choose run with gpu - integrated default and the quick sync option stopped being greyed out and I was able to check it. This is the first time something other than a game has run automatically on the nvidia gpu so I didn't even think to check that.

0 Kudos
DArce
Valued Contributor III

sanjay02sp, try the driver provided by your system manufacturer. This is posted here:

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/default.page Lenovo Support - Drivers & Software (US)

0 Kudos