3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 24, 2014 2:22 AM by MichaelM

Recompiling Linux Image and Configuring WiFi

SergeyK

Hi,

I made a few Intel Galileo related posts in my blog that could be interesting to this forum:

Intel Galileo - Introduction

Introduction to Galileo. Technical specifications, etc. At the end I also describe how to build a serial cable and use a serial console with Galileo.

Intel Galileo - Building Linux Image

I shortly go through steps required to rebuild Linux Image, and then show how to build a Linux Standard Base (LSB) compliant image with software development tools. (So that you can compile your programs directly on Galileo)

Intel Galileo Meets Wireless

I describe hardware setup and Linux configuration for wireless networking on Galileo

Hope this will be helpful. Suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,

Sergey

• 1. Re: Recompiling Linux Image and Configuring WiFi
          Trush

This is great.

intel_jorge / maryc_intel  - can you get the pre-built image posted on the site as an additional download? I faced errors during bitbake (which takes several hours to run) and having this would make it a lot easier.

• 2. Re: Recompiling Linux Image and Configuring WiFi
            MichaelM

Many thanks to Sergey for his excellent guides to Galileo! A star you most definitely are!

For anyone embarking on the local build of Yocto, there are a couple of GOTCHA's in the build, seems that an old version of source for ELF is on the GIT repository, this will lead to build errors and requires edits to 2 of the source files replacing "%a" with "%m" in 2 places in the first failing file, and, once in the second failing file. I apologise for not recording the names, but, when it fails you will get all the information you need!

The other major fail is in the module GUILE, I tried to sort the local source but gave up and downloaded the latest source from repository and it all built in the end.

It is a long time since I messed about with these things, (1990's), I thought that modern CVS had cracked all of these issues many years ago! Nope! Seems that the GIGO and Linux are still very much alive!

• 3. Re: Recompiling Linux Image and Configuring WiFi
              MichaelM

Do not apply the update to Ubuntu is the solution for my problem! This only works with Ubuntu 12.04.