Solution found! The culprit was SMSC Core Graphics Software. By removing it, I solved the problem.
I have the same problem since I have installed the Intel Video Driver and Control Panel 18.104.22.16812 of 22 Jun 2012 (sp57420.exe) - latest driver recommended by HP.com to my Elitebook 8470p / OS.
I don't have SMSC Core Graphics Software installed.
Everything works fine except when I select "Options and Support" in the Intel Graphics and Media Control Panel: an error occurs and it is displayed the message "GfxUI has stopped working" and the Properties Panel must be closed.
Some details of my system:
- Notebook: HP Elitebook 8470p
- OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (service pack 1)
- I have Microsoft.NET framework 3.5.1 active (default by Windows 7)
- I have installed Microsoft.NET framework 4.5.1
Some troubleshooting tentatives (with no success) I have made:
- Uninstalled and reinstalled the video driver;
- Uninstalled Microsoft.NET framework 4.5.1 and reinstalled the video driver;
Can anyone help me resolving this issue, please?
Please make sure you are following the instructions below:
Besides this step, make sure you update the Bios in your system and the management engine driver from the manufacture.