3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 26, 2013 5:54 PM by Trush

Adding mPCIe Wifi driver firmware

Trush

I am trying to use a mPCIe Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG (iwlegacy) card with the Galileo board. I downloaded the driver from here: http://wireless.kernel.org/en/users/Drivers/iwlegacy

I am having trouble progressing after this. I tried to copy the iwlwifi*ucode file to the /lib/firmware area and reboot. I don't see the card showing up. Has anybody added wifi driver firmware successfully?

• 1. Re: Adding mPCIe Wifi driver firmware
          flummer

Hi Trush,

A friend and I managed to get WiFi working on my board with an Intel 512AN_MMW card. The only thing we needed to add was the firmware files (*.ucode) and those was copied over via a loop mount of the image-full-clanton.ext3 file. We simply copied over all the *.ucode files that was on my friends laptop (running Linux).

I have just tried to do the same loop mount via a Linux virtual machine on my Mac, and that seems to work just fine, reading the SD card via a USB card reader.

Driver for the above card seems to be there already.

/Thomas

• 2. Re: Adding mPCIe Wifi driver firmware
            SergeyK

Trush,

I don't think stock SD image supports older wireless cards. If I am not mistaken it only has iwlwifi module. If you like you can rebuild the image, and configure additional wireless modules, or get a newer card supported by iwlwifi.

Thanks,

Sergey

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Adding mPCIe Wifi driver firmware
              Trush

Thanks Sergey. I might have to go that route. Let me rebuild the image using the instructions you provided in your other post and give it a shot.