I also just bought a DH87RL from a local retail brick and mortar vendor.
Upon ordering and also upon pickup, I was assured that the board would have the chipset with the C2 stepping.
After installation, CPU-Z also told me that the chipset had the C1 stepping.
I went back to vendor, who has agreed to work with me rectify the situation,
But they say that they are not yet able to get DH87RL boards with the C2 stepping..
What can I tell my vendor that will help him get me a board with the corrected chipset?
It's been five weeks now since I picked up the C1 board, I and I'd like to be done with this and move on.
Don't mean to go off post. However, I have a very similar problem also. Where my seller wants to give only one year warranty on an Intel MB "which I already bought". I checked it on the Intel Warranty website & it reported that I still have TWO more years in warranty. I already sent a mail to the warranty department but still no reply.
Intel should be really more careful as to whom sells their products.
If it's a matter of Intel is so big & can't control everything. Samsung & LG, for example has a better customer support regarding these matters.
I have been following the issue for weeks now and I find it very frustrating that Intel is being so reluctant with putting out information. I am about to build a new computer and don't think I want to wait much longer. Therefore chances are very high that you'll be losing a customer as I am now looking very concretly to replace the DH87RL with a board by one of your competitors (e.g. the Asrock H87M PRO4) ... and from what I'm reading on hardware-builder forums in my country I'm not alone to think so.
It's all quite a pity as the DH87RL seemed to be the perfect fit for my needs. Thanks.
Mid of September my shop informed me that most of their BLKDH87RL units should contain the 'debugged' C2 Lynx Point chipset. I immediately bought the board after having received confirmation that the shop would replace a C1 mainboard...
...and I indeed got a C1. Now - 2 months later - I am still waiting for the C2 mainboard....
Thus, please let us know if C2 mainboards are really available!!
We would very much appreciate your help!!!!
PS: All other components are waiting for their mainboard since 13/09
This problem is getting worse and worse:
In the German Heise Forum there is now somebody who has a board revision 403 and still has southbridge revision C1: (according to CPU-z)
Is this an error in CPU-z or is Intel using up its own old stock?
@Intel: can somebody finally look into this and clear this issue? It has been unsolved for months now.
(sorry I also posted this issue in the other thread, I just found out I should have posted it here)
sylvia_intel: I now have a second confirmed case (DH87RL mit Dauerton im Standby | Forum - heise online) of someone who has board revision 403 and still stepping C1 (according to CPU-z) of the Southbridge. When will there be a reply from Intel? We have been waiting for months now for an answer.
I'm about to order a board from Asus (H87M-Pro), who at least have a functioning customer service....
I only signed up to say this:
I agree with what all of the fellow posters above have said:
Intel, it's really quite a shame how you're handling this issue!
The continued silence can only mean that you're hoping to sell off buggy stock while keeping potential customers in the dark. The fact that now even 403-revisions with c1-stepping are appearing really is the icing on the cake.
frustrating, really frustrating!