1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 21, 2013 10:50 AM by Diego_Intel

Unable to download updated intel hd graphics driver.

art20

I am trying to update my graphics driver on my Dell Inspiron N7010 with Windows 7 Home Premium.

My processor is the Pentium P6100 (3M cache, 2.0 GHz)

My problem is, when I use the driver update utility it says:

A customized computer manufacturer driver is installed on your computer. The Intel Driver Update Utility is not able to update the driver. Installing a generic Intel driver instead of the customized computer manufacturer driver may cause technical issues. Contact your computer manufacturer for the latest driver for your computer.

The thing is, the Dell driver has not been updated in 3 years and has been giving me problems. There doesn't seem to be any directed download link; everything just takes me back to the driver update utility. I've tried uninstalling my current graphics driver but then the driver update utility doesn't do anything; it stops at "Analyzing Computer."

Graphics — Computer Manufacturer Graphics Driver Detected

This work-around doesn't seem to work because there is no .zip file available for download for my graphics drivers.

Am I missing anything? I just want to download the latest drivers. Thanks for the help.