Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20597 Discussions

The new HD4000 driver for Windows 8.1 is completely busted.

KOHal
Beginner

I am seeing this across the boards, but I have my own issue to add - audio. When I installed 8.1, I noticed I had a new interface for my Graphics controller. I looked in the devices and sure enough there was a new display driver - but when I went to play video and music, the computer would lock up, not play audio it at all, or skip to the end of every song until it got to the end of the album. I reverted back to the previous display driver I had, 10.18.10.3316, and everything now works perfectly - but I'd still like to have the newest version of the driver. Please Intel fix this! It's affecting a lot of 8.1 users out there!

I noticed how the display driver also comes with the Intel Display Audio, so maybe that was why my audio wasn't working? Otherwise it doesn't make sense why audio wouldn't play because of a faulty display driver... I didn't keep the driver long enough to see whether my computer had any other major issues with video and graphics.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JBran7
Beginner

Seems like a big muck up on Intel's part. Sounds like everyone is having one issue or another with HD4000 drivers and 8.1. Really big disappointment. Add to that there doesn't appear to be any updates / news on what is being done to fix it.

0 Kudos
KOHal
Beginner

Looks like Intel and Microsoft heard us. They released an update on the 19th that fixed all my issues, it was delivered through Windows Update. Hopefully this works for everyone else. Thanks Intel + Windows!

0 Kudos