2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 5, 2010 7:18 AM by qorw

DP45SG BSOD during windows xp install

I just got this thing and it formats the drive just fine and restarts. I get to the windows load screen then it starts installing devices and then I get a bsod with the error message "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL".

I'm using a core 2 duo cpu, geforce 9500 gt, 2gb corsair XMS 3 ddr3 ram. I also checked the cpu temp in the bios. It stays solid at 48c, but I'm concerned with my cpu fan. It only spins at around 700 rpm, seems REALLY low.

• 1. Re: DP45SG BSOD during windows xp install
          qorw

Strange that no one has replied to this?

I recently bought a machine with similar specs and the same problem. The only way I could get XP to install was to hit the F6 key during the XP install "checking hardware" phase which presents a list of kernel options to install (you must scroll up and down otherwise you dont see the full list). I found that only the "Multiprocessor" and "Standard PC" options work, ie the Multiprocessor ACPI option fails to the "IRQL_NOT_LESS..." BSOD.

I too am seeking a workaraound and hope Intel will respond to this since the literature of the MOBO says ACPI is supported but somewhow XP does'nt pick this up properly.

Anyone have any ideas?

• 2. Re: DP45SG BSOD during windows xp install - SOLVED
            qorw

Ok, sorted. I needed to patch my original Windows XP sp1a CD with Service Pack 3 and reinstall windows. Now it does not blue screen, loads all drivers properly and fully supports ACPI Multiprocessing.

I used nlite http://www.nliteos.com/ to integrate the service pack with the original install files and make a new bootable CD. very easy!

Hope this helps all with DP45SG mboard issues.