USB drivers for Windows 8

Rstr

My computer:

- Model: Lenovo X1 Carbon

- Processor: Intel Core i5

- Chipset: Intel QS77 Espress

- Windows 8 (regularly updated)

- SSD Sandisk Disk

I believe that some of problems of my computer are related to improperly working USB drivers or drivers related to motherboard.

Maybe someone of You knows:

1. If there are available alternative to Microsoft USB drivers for Windows 8 64b?
      2. Where and which Intel drivers for my motherboard I could download to update them to the latest version? I've checked Intel site, but the search there returned information that I should seek at my computer's producer's website...

============

Symptoms of the problem:

------------------

USB Copy Issues

When copying any kind of files to any pendrive or opposite direction (I tried with four or five different ones) the copy dialog box stops showing any progress and stays like this until I manually close it (e.g. 50%). I found out that the copying actually is being done - because if I wait long enough without closing the progress window, all the files copied have the proper size and 'work' on another computer.

I also tried to compare copying speed with my old Lenovo T61p running Windows 7 64b and I also found that the speed is slower on the new X1 Carbon running Windows 8 (sic!).

------------------

Network Copy Issues

In my LAN I have a storage server. When I copy the files to it I have the same problems...

• 1. Re: USB drivers for Windows 8
          kevin_intel

Hi Rstr,

It is important to mention that we as Intel® provide the hardware to the computer manufactures and they will design and create their own systems meaning that they can set limitation on their units.

Please note that windows 8 OS comes with the USB 3.0 drivers preloaded or embedded and the only way to update these drivers is by using the Windows Update option.

My best recommendation is to run the Windows Updates or contact the computer manufacturer so they can provide the software for your unit.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: USB drivers for Windows 8
            Rstr

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the reply about USB drivers. It's bad to hear that:/

And what about - question number 2?

Where and which Intel drivers for my motherboard I could download to update them to the latest version? I've checked Intel site, but the search there returned information that I should seek at my computer's producer's website...

• 3. Re: USB drivers for Windows 8
              kevin_intel

Hello Rstr,

Since you have an OEM system (Lenovo) the drivers we have are generic drivers. In your case, we can provide the latest graphics driver since it works for your graphics controller but for the rest of the drivers (chipset, BIOS, Audio, etc…) you need to contact Lenovo in order to get the latest drivers.

Here you have the latest generic graphics driver for your computer:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23106&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%207%20(64-bit)*&DownloadType=Drivers