2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 17, 2013 11:19 AM by jlmj

Intel i3 4130 4th Gen processors - Do they have Intel® Clear Video HD Technology?

jlmj

Hi

First time on this forum but hoping someone can help me out.

I've recently purchased an Intel i3 4130 4th Gen processor which comes with a built in Intel 4400 HD GPU. I'm trying to find out if this CPU has the Intel® Clear Video HD Technology? The information on the Intel web site is misleading and confusing.

According to this Intel URL the CPU does not have Clear Video:

ARK | Intel® Core™ i3-4130 Processor (3M Cache, 3.40 GHz)

However, if you check other Intel docs it does have Clear Video:

http://software.intel.com/sites/default/files/article/182971/hsw-graphics-productbrief.pdf

and

Quick Reference Guide to 4th Generation Intel® Core™ Processor Graphics (formerly codenamed Haswell) | Intel® Developer Zone

So which is correct?

The reason I'm asking as I don't know how to tell from a software/driver/Intel HD Graphics Control Panel perspective if I have it or if it is enabled - I bought this CPU thinking it has functionality (most if not all other Intel i3 2nd and 3rd gen processors seem to have it) but the picture quality in Windows Media Center doesn't seem great (motion blue amongst other things) via the HD4400 and I'm wondering if this is the cause?

Any help or confirmation either way would be gratefully received!

Paul