Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20498 Discussions

Intel HD4600: GPU feature support for Adobe Photoshop CS6

tD1
Beginner

PU

According to Adobe Support the Intel HD 4600 grafics card onboard my I5 Haswell mainboard should be able to support the GPU functions of Photoshop CS6.(my system has a second GC, AMD Sapphire in PVIe slot; with this card the GPU feature can be used without problems)

But as soon as a second monitor is connected to the HD4600 ports (both DVI or VGA) then Photoshop detects HD4600 not to be compatible/not supporting GPU.And it crashes then with some GPU related functions.

I have this tested with all the latest, previous and original Installation-CD Intel drivers (9.18.10.3071, 3257, 3165).In addition I marked the HD4600 in BIOS settings as the primary GC.

All of this cannot provide GPU support from the HD4600 card to Photoshop.

What can I do to resolve this problem ?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DArce
Valued Contributor III

Please test the latest generic version 15.31.17.3257 (9.18.10.3257) posted here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Graphics&ProductLine=Laptop+graphics+drivers&ProductProduct=4th+Generation+Intel%C2%AE+Core%E2%84%A2+Processors+with+Intel%C2%AE+HD+Graphics+4600&ProdId=3720&LineId=1101&FamilyId=39 Driver version 9.18.10.3257 - Download Center

Furthermore, please physically remove the add-in video card you have installed in the motherboard and test using only Intel® HD Graphics alone. Then confirm what happens when testing this configuration.

0 Kudos
tD1
Beginner

Thank you for your answer.

The driver recommended by you is for Win8, not for Win7.

So I will not use it.

You asked for a test with phyiscal removal of the AMD card. I decided not to that, too.

I resolved the problem instead as follows:

- deactivate the Intel HD4600 onboard card with device manager

- connect the second display with an adapater cable HDMI --> DVI to my AMD PCIe grafic card instead connecting to the HD4600 port

--> now both displays can be used and Adobe PS CS6 no longer reports a problem with the GPU feature.

0 Kudos
DArce
Valued Contributor III

The driver suggested above is for Microsoft* Windows* 7 and Microsoft* Windows* 8

In addition, having two physical connections to each one of them to two different video controllers is not part of the design and its not validated. That is the reason why you would need to test with the third party video card removed.

In case you are still interested on troubleshooting this issue, please follow these indications and let us know the results.

0 Kudos
tD1
Beginner

Hello,

thank you for your reply.

My system now runs with two monitors both connected to the secondary PCIe grafic card only.(one with DVI, one with HDMI cable)

Why should I open the chassis and physically remove the PCIe card only to test the same two monitors connected to the onboard card ?

Never touch a running system and I'm so glad I have it running now.!

Perhaps sometime later in case I might want to connect a third monitor to my system then I will test again.

I have spent several hours in investigation of this topic and I'm not willing to invest more time now.

This forum thread can be closed now.Thanks!

0 Kudos