2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 23, 2009 8:09 AM by richbl

D945GCLF2 and ACPI

richbl

Hello all,

I recently purchased a D945GCLF2 board, and I'm having some difficulty with ACPI S3 and S5 wake state setting is BIOS.

At the moment, I am unsuccessful in configuring BIOS (rev. 2009.0528.2014) to permit a timed wake on S5 (or S3).

Using UTC time from the RTC, I've attempted to set the "Wake System from S5" feature for either daily wake or a date-specific wake, and no joy. I've also determined that when the system is in a S3 state, the board does not wake.

Separately, I can confirm that a software enabling of the RTC (via /sys/class/rtc/rtc0/wakealarm ) does correctly wake the board on S3 or S5, so the issue appears to be centered around a problem with BIOS settings.

As an aside, and perhaps as a clue, a cat of /proc/driver/rtc never identifies the correct BIOS wake configuration. Neither is the date/time for the next wake set, nor is the alarm_IRQ enabled. I'm not certain of the correlation of this observation, but it is a little strange nonetheless.

Has anyone been successful in enabling the RTC wake in BIOS? If so, what BIOS release was used, and what was the BIOS config settings?

Please advise.

Thanks.

rich